-18

Fitz's POV

I woke up tangled in the covers, the blinding sun making me squint to look around. My right arm had fallen asleep from Ro laying on it. I remove myself from her and sit up. She looked good in my shirt but I couldn't help looking at her bruised arms. That bastard got what he deserved, I don't regret what I did.

"Why are you up so early?" She whines, rolling over towards me. I look at the alarm clock to read 7:36 am.

"I don't know." I shrug and lay back down, placing my hands under my head. She swings her leg onto my lap and scoots closer.

Why am I not getting the urge to push her away?

"You're so warm." She whispers.

"Uh thanks?"

Instead of responding she kisses my cheek. I turn my head and kiss her on the lips. She smiles when I wrap my arm around her waist but moves her face away from me.

"That's all you get until we brush our teeth. We will not be those people that make out with morning breath." She says as I laugh and nod in agreement.

"What are we doing?" She asks once our laughter dies down.

"I don't know but... I like it."

"Me too."

"You're a hassle but I think I'm addicted to you." I frown.

"Y-you are? Why do you look so upset about it?"

"Last time I got addicted to someone I hurt her, not physically but I did go behind her back. Actually she did get hurt physically, she got shot because of me." I close my eyes to make the memory go away.

"Oh, well I don't think I can be hurt again I'm numb to the feeling now, besides we don't have to put a label on whatever we are if it's too much pressure, alright?"

"Okay." I nod and give a small smile.

"You got my back I got yours."

"Good."

~The next day ~

"We can't keep that thing in here!" I yell at Ro on the couch.

"You said they allow pets!"

"They do but I meant this apartment specifically!"

"But she's so cuteee!"

"She's a stray!"

"What happened to having my back about things?" She whines.

"We said nothing about animals!" I cross my arms over my chest.

"I'll get her shots tomorrow!"

The grey cat leaps from the counter onto my shoulder. "Get this thing off of me!"

"Oh my God she likes you." She laughs.

"Well... I guess she isn't that bad."

"See she belongs here and it's freezing out tonight

"See she belongs here and it's freezing out tonight." She smiles in triumph.

"I'll think about it, where did you even find her?" I ask, sitting down next to her.

"I saw her on the stairs of the building when I went to get your mail."

"She's kinda cute." I roll my eyes at the cat now curled up in my lap.

"Would you just admit that you like her already?" Ro scoffs.

"Is someone jealous?" I raise an eyebrow her way.

"Of a cat, no."

"Seems like it." I shrug lightly.

"You didn't even like her at first!"

"Why are you bringin' up the past?"

"It was like a minute ago!"

"Details details, look there is enough of me to go around for everyone." I laugh.

"You're joking right?"

"Of course not." I pull her by the forearm into my side and wrap my other arm around her.

I could get used to stuff like this.