Iceberg Lounge

Tuxedo...Oops I meant Penguin:

(choice/choice)- you pick whichever you'd like.)

You were currently behind the wood counter top serving drinks to all that sit at your bar. You had the reputation as 'Bar Queen' because you were the expert with martini's or any drink for that matter.

You listened to the club's performer as the funk jazz and blues erupted around the place. You were smiling as your favorite customer Jim arrived for his Friday night scotch.

He was a middle aged father of 3 who enjoyed a bit of time from home to relax when he's not working long shifts.

"Hey Jimmy. How's it going?" You found a clean shot glass and placed down in front of him.

"The flu has stricken our house the past few days. I can't get any peace when my seven year old is whining about not seeing her friends at school. God help me." He told you as you poured the nicely aged drink.

"That's a bummer dude. Well, how's Amy?" You asked watching him knock back the drink with a strong force.

"She's got the flu too. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten to me yet. Ice this time." He ordered and you seen someone lift their glass down the way.

"Hold that thought. I'll be right back." You smiled and he nodded staring off into space. You walked down and you noticed it was your boss disguised as a customer.

"(Your name)! What do you think you're doing? I'm not paying you to be buddies with people. You need to serve drinks. There's two people with empty glasses. Those are your tips going out the door!" He yelled and rolled your eyes tired of this talk every Friday.

"I'm tired of you running your forgetful mouth so much. Maybe if you wouldn't blackout often you would know Jim is your loyal customer." You sassed and he blinked repeatedly with a shocked expression.

He soon started laugh and stood up heading to the back with a small limp in his stride

He soon started laugh and stood up heading to the back with a small limp in his stride. He never told any of his employees on how he got it or why shady looking people would call him Penguin. He insisted his workers would only know him as Oswald or Cobblepot.

~end of shift~

You soon wiped down the counter for Randy the other bartender to work the shift the next night. You stacked chairs and hit stragglers with your broom to kick them out. If there's one thing Oswald can't stand is drunk people after closing.

You sat in the back booth counting your tips with the dancers and made small talk. You noticed a box slammed next to you.

"What is this?" You got up angry and followed behind your boss who was walking quickly.

"Your box to clean out your locker. You no longer work here." He shooed you away and entered his office.

"No!" You shouted shoving your foot in the door before he could shut it.

"No?" He questioned and swung it open amused by you.

"This place is the only reason you function. If I didn't put up with half the crap I go through, then this place would suffer big time." You defended yourself and he only cackled with disbelief thst you would talk to him this way.

"I was doing fine before you. I think we'll be just fine without you." He slammed the door and you stood in place feeling your mind race.

Where were you supposed to get money for rent now? You looked up towards the back and gave a soft smile at the workers around you.

"It's okay. He'll realize what he an idiot he was." You shouted behind you making sure he heard you.

Soon, you went to your employee locker and emptied out the contents inside. You made your way out the building and walked to your beat and trustee car.

You drove for hours before stopping at the side of the road and began to breakdown. You needed that job for your way out of the city of Gotham. You thrashed and screamed hoping someone up there was listening to cry.

~2 months later~

KNOCK! KNOCK!

You woke up quickly fearing it was your landlord and rushed to answer the door hoping he wouldn't unlock it.

"I'm coming. Wait!" You shouted hearing the extra knocks being rapped at your door. You cracked the door and found the man who crushed dreams waiting.

"Oh, look if it isn't mister Cobblepot!" You grimaced and he frowned rolling his eyes.

"Can I come in?" He asked holding up a paper sack and you squinted your eyes.

"Depends. Did you order hash browns or eggs?" You asked with a sincere look.

"Hashbrowns/Eggs." He nudged his way in and walked to the kitchen.

Maybe he's been here on different occasions that you both never mention. Fling or no fling; the two of you were like a fork and a spoon. Both utensils, but both have different a purpose in life.

"What brings you by here? Especially with food and a fresh new haircut. I told you months ago Oz. We can't continue to do the..."

"Stop it right there! I came to tell you that I need you back at the lounge and also this friday night for a gala." He cleared his throat and opened the mini breakfast buffet for you.

"Hmm...I don't know. You didn't even send my last paycheck till I almost threatened to sue you." You ate the mini pancakes and smiled deviously.

"I'm sorry. I will never tell you what to do, I will allow you to hire a dj, and I will raise your pay by 5% but nothing higher." He sat on your loveseat and stared you down.

"Fine. But, you also have to get rid of the ice sculptures. It's too much for the decorating and it is way too cold in there."

"Deal. Now, what about the gala?" He rested his head on his hand.

"Send me a dress from Valerie's in a red or black color, and also none of the cheap stuff in the limo." You continued to eat and he gave a slight smile of happiness.

"Good. Now hand me a pancake."

(A/N: Howdy! Lol. No one ever says that in the South. Why do movies always make southern movies like that? Anywho, another imagine for the week. Whoop whoop. I love you all and have a good day or night. Whenever you read this. <3 <3 <3)