Green Lantern

Green Lantern:

"Next!" You waited in the long line for the hero resignation office and you were number 134. The line wrapped down the halls and you heard your stomach growled. 

"Come on." You whispered and felt your heels start to ache tremendously. 

"So, what brings you here?" You heard behind you and you fixed your glasses. 

"Getting bored of it. It has lost its cool factor a long time ago." You replied with sarcasm.

"Ah. I understand exactly what you mean. The never ending sleep, constant trips to the hospital, and missing out on human type activities." You finally turned around to stare Hal Jordan in the eyes.

"Yeah something like that."

"Well, I wish the best to you." You noticed you were at the front of the line. 

"Thanks. You too." You were called and you walked to the little office space. You sat down and looked at the woman with a friendly smile. 

"Why are you seeking disenrollment?" She questioned with a frown on her face. 

"I feel like it's not my place anymore." You sat back and soon answered all the questions she had for him. You soon left the office and headed to your motorcycle outback.

You spotted Hal leaving and you watched him briefly before he noticed your gaze. He smiled and walked over towards you. He stopped moving and he inspected the wheels and body of the bike. 

"Very nice." He spoke first once again throwing you off guard. 

"Thanks. Spent a lot just to get the bullet-proof tires and titanium rims." You noticed that he still had his power ring. 

"Are you going somewhere important?" He placed his hands inside his deep pockets. 

"No. Why?" 

"Let's go get a coffee or something to eat. I promise it isn't a date." He quickly spoke making you laugh at the awkwardness. 

"Sure. But you're buying." You started the engine of the bike and watched him travel to his vehicle.

~Coffee Shop~

You two ordered a sandwich and a nice beverage and while waiting discussed the terrible accidents that happened during crime fighting. The waitress set your glass down and she stared at Hal not paying attention to her arm. 

The drink tipped and landed all over you causing your outfit to be ruined. She apologized repeatedly and you rose up quick trying your best not to be angry. You stormed off heading to the restroom and tried to clean up the stain. 

You came out and sat in front of Hal with your eyes now a different color due to your power rising. He laid out change and rose up grabbing your arm gently. 

"Come on (your name)." He helped you out of the place and took you to your bike. 

"I'm fine." You blinked rapidly and the normal color started to come back. It wasn't like you were angry at least you thought you weren't. It was an accident and you sat on the seat trying to think of why you became so short tempered. 

Hal remained quiet letting you relax and come back to a peaceful state of mind, also being slightly terrified of as well. Everyone knew of (your hero name) since the beginning of your recognition. 

"Thank you." You sighed feeling so awful and you bit your lip holding back the tears in your eyes, 

The main reason you weren't continuing your heroine job was the fact the powers were becoming way more stronger than before and you almost killed a villain in cold blood. You were never the type to harm people out of ill intention. 

You came back from your fears when you felt arms pick you up suddenly. You unclenched your bottom lip feeling the tears that were escaping your eyes. You were placed in the front seat of his car before you could say anything.

"I will come back for your motorcycle. Right now, I'm taking you to my place if that's alright with you." He handed you the seatbelt and you nodded unable to gather the right words at the moment. 

"Good." He shut the door rushing to the other side and getting in to head to his house. 

~Hal's Place~ 

You sat on the couch watching a movie to ease your mind and you finally relaxed after sharing your fears to him. He was more than happy to listen and be a person you could vent to. He was really careful not to interrupt you with suggestions. 

You soon fell asleep together in the most strangest position known to man and when you guys woke up you'd be in for the most pleasant surprise. 

A/N: HEY! I felt like writing after my fabulous birthday yesterday. Also, music gives me the most inspiration when thinking of ideas. Most importantly, I know he can fly I just felt that a car would make a better fit to the story. Last of all, I would like to say thank you so much for reading. Watching the reads go up makes my day. So feel free to request, vote, and comment.                                                                                                                                             Love you all!!!!!