Chapter 57 - "boys are gross"

The doorbell began to ring and it didn't stop. It was incessant, and I knew exactly who it was. I flung the door open and Grace threw her arms around me. We cuddled in the doorway for a few minutes, acting as if we'd been apart for months when really I'd seen her just the day before.

"Right, pizza is in the oven and wine is in the fridge, choose a movie and we can get going," I smiled, and Grace skipped inside the apartment.

"This is beautiful Flora, I'll have to come over more often," she told me. She selected a DVD and put it in the TV while I got a bottle of wine out of the fridge along with two glasses. The boys were having a night out, so we were having a night in. The oven beeped with the pizza, so I retrieved it and sliced it up, then made my way to sit next to my best friend on the couch. She'd chosen Walking on Sunshine, and as I put a plate of pizza in front of her the first image of footprints on sand appeared on screen. I poured us a glass of wine each and we got settled on the couch.

***
Towards the end of the film, we were both slightly tipsy and giggly, and she looked at me seriously.

"Boy drama is shit," she said. "Boys are gross!"

"I agree," I laughed. "They're useless, they're only in it for sex."

"But sex is good," she said decisively.

"Sex is good. And I like Michael," I smiled. "I like him a lot."

"You clearly do, there's a ring on your finger!" I pulled out my phone as I smiled, flicking through my twitter when I came across an article several people had retweeted.

"Hey, Gracie, look at this." I started reading the article to her. "'Is Michael Clifford engaged? Model girlfriend Flora Lighthawk was seen sporting a large engagement ring as she shopped for bridal magazines today.' Oh my god, that's so not right." I burst out laughing.

"Model? Engaged? Bridal magazines? Absolutely not," she agreed. I created a few new tweets, letting my followers know what was going on.

@floralighthawk: okay so ive seen this article about mine and michaels relationship status and its wrong in many many ways

@floralighthawk: first off, I am very definitely not a model, I'm a dancer doing a journalism degree.

@floralighthawk: secondly, we're not engaged. we've just moved in together, the ring is a promise ring, not an engagement ring.

@floralighthawk: also the ring's not that big, its beautifully small, heres a pic

@floralighthawk: finally I was not shopping for bridal magazines I was getting pizza and wine for me and grace lmao flora out

After I sent the series of tweets, Grace, then Michael retweeted them. He added:

@michael5sos: as much as I love flora, we're too young for that level of commitment. sorry to disappoint u guys x

I smiled, retweeted it, then put my phone down.

"When do you think you and Ashton are going to take the next step?"

"Move in together?" I nodded. "Not sure."

"You'd be great living together, you could get your own red room like in 50 shades," I suggested, wiggling my eyebrows, and she hit me.

"Shut up, you're so inappropriate," she said, but her face went bright red.

"Remember that time I found your handcuffs in my bed? I think that's inappropriate."

"Sorry about that." I glared at her, shaking my head, then hugged her. "Is Michael kinky at all? He strikes me as the kind of guy who would be."

"Not that I'm aware of," I shrugged. "He probably would have told me if he was by now."

"You never know, maybe he's just shy talking about it."

"I've been going out with him for more than a year, we live together, I reckon I'd have found something out."

"I guess," she sighed, and I leant my head into her boobs.

"You're so comfy," I told her, then shifted as she went to get up.

"Another drink?"

"Pull out the shot glasses, they're in the first cupboard by the fridge," I instructed, then went to get ingredients for jelly shots. I stirred the mixture, then put the filled shot glasses in the fridge to chill while we drank cocktails and watched more musicals. Next up was Mamma Mia, an old favourite of ours, and we quoted the film almost line for line.

"I want to go somewhere hot," Grace complained, and I shook my head.

"Six months in the Caribbean has put me off sunshine for a while. The amount of sunburns I got was ridiculous." I rolled my eyes. "I do want to go skiing though."

"You've never skied in your life Flora, you'll end up falling off a mountain."

"Okay firstly, that's not possible, also I reckon I'd be good at it!"

"I'm not taking you skiing." I rolled my eyes again but leaned in to cuddle her. As we spooned on the couch, there was a thud at the door, and it swung open, Michael quickly following it.

"He's drunk, I'll just go and sort him out. Hang on," I told Grace, and ran to prop my boyfriend up.

"Hi baby," he slurred, putting all his weight on me. I dragged him towards the bathroom and sat him down on the brim of the tub. "I love you!" His voice was very sing-song, and I smiled. His drunk persona was adorable.

"Let's get you sorted," I said, as if he were a child. "Arms up." He raised his arms over his head and I pulled his top off, throwing it in the sink so I'd remember to wash it. Next I started unbuttoning his trousers, and he wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Am I getting head?"

"No, babe, I'm getting you ready for bed. Come on, take them off," I said, and he pulled them off, leaving his underwear on. I led him to the bedroom, tucked him in bed, and filled up a plastic beaker of water, worried he'd drop a glass. I kissed his head gently. "Sleep well." His eyes were already shut. I went back into the living room to see Grace.

"How bad is he?"

"Completely out of it, like a kid. But a kid with a dirty mind," I laughed. "He's asleep now though, let's keep watching movies."

"Actually, Flo, is it okay if I call a cab? It's getting quite late and I have work in the morning."

"Of course," I said, handing her the house phone. She called for a taxi and then we cuddled momentarily before the company called back to let us know the cab was outside. "I'll see you soon, I love you."

"Love you more." She kissed my cheek, and left the apartment. I went into the bedroom as quietly as I could, changed into one of Michael's tops, then got into bed next to him. I was expecting him to ignore me, but his arm snaked its way round my stomach and pulled me into his body. We curled up together, and I fell asleep.

*****
updating again arent you lucky xxx
LAUREN WANTS A BOYFRIEND (or a girlfriend i swing both ways & im still in my boys are gross phase)
laters

song of the chapter: independence day by 5sos <- what an amazing break up song btw