Chapter 35 - "#WeLoveYouMichael"

After my stargazing session with Grace, I returned to my bedroom to see Michael lying on the bed in only his boxers, scrolling through his phone. He barely looked up as I entered, and as I went to lie next to him he shifted away from me slightly.

"What's wrong?" I frowned. "What don't you want me to see?"

"Nothing," he said bluntly.

"Is it another girl? Please tell me it's not," I said as the panic began to set in.

"It's not," he sighed. "Just some people don't know when enough is enough."

"Show me," I demanded, and he handed me his phone, which had Twitter open. People had tagged him, all hurling abuse about how he was ugly, how he had no talent, how he was stupid and unattractive and a waste of space. I looked into his eyes and saw a deep sadness rooted in them.

"They're all right," he shrugged. "All of them."

"How are you a waste of space babe? You've helped me through so much," I told him. "I love you, okay? Don't let them get to you." He nodded and settled down in bed, pulling the covers over himself.

"Goodnight, Flora," he said sadly, and switched off the light. I grabbed my phone, blocked him momentarily, and tweeted the thousands of followers I'd gained from a combination of going out with him and my Marvin Gaye dance with Sampson.
@FloraLighthawk: michael is sad bc he's getting hate. Tweet him things to make him happy on #WeLoveYouMichael I'm going to delete this soon so share!xx
@FloraLighthawk: I love you all, just make sure my guy is smiling again tomorrow morning :)
I closed my phone and settled down to sleep, knowing I'd wake up in the middle of the night to delete the tweet and unblock Michael before he woke up.

***
The house loomed in front of me, just as I remembered. It was the same as always.

Except from the smoke.

There, standing on the top floor, was a line of people I loved surrounded by flames. Michael, my brothers, my mum, Grace. They were all pounding on the windows, screaming, begging me to get them out. But I couldn't. I was frozen in place, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get to them. The fire grew and in the blink of an eye, the roof of the house collapsed, burying the top floor and turning the building into rubble. I screamed, finally free, and I leapt into the debris, trying desperately hard to find them.

They were gone.

I woke up to the sound of my own screams.

"Flora, baby, it's okay," Michael was telling me, his arms wrapped around me, trying to support me so I wasn't lying down. "It's not real."

"It felt like it," I told him, quivering in his arms. "It was awful."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head. "Okay, babe, settle down. We've got another long day of travelling tomorrow." I nodded as he switched off the light again, and I reached for my phone to delete the tweets. I had a quick look through the hashtag to calm myself down before I went back to sleep.
#WeLoveYouMichael you make me laugh!
Youre the best guitarist Ive heard in a while #WeLoveYouMichael
You're fuckin hot man like wow lucky flora #WeLoveYouMichael
I smiled at the lovely tweets that I knew my boyfriend would see in the morning, and fell back asleep.

***
I woke up to my alarm screeching at me. I groaned and pulled a pillow over my head to try and shut out the noise, but Michael was shaking my shoulder too.

"Babe, we've got to get going," he said softly. "Or we won't get to Perth until too late to get a hotel." He kissed me softly as I climbed out of bed into the bathroom to get myself ready. I was brushing my teeth when I heard him gasp softly. I stuck my head out of the door and looked at him scrolling through Twitter.

"You like it?" I smiled.

"You did this?" I nodded. "It's trending!" I washed my face then went to kiss him. "I fucking love you."

"I love you too," I told him, then pulled away. "But your breath smells." I pushed him towards the bathroom and got changed as he brushed his teeth. We grabbed our bags and made our way downstairs. I bought a coffee and then we set off for the day again.

***
After multiple stops, a few traffic jams and an interesting rendition of End of the Day by One Direction, we arrived in Perth. The sun was already beneath the horizon, and the moon and the stars were out in full force. We found a cheap hotel and booked rooms in the same arrangement as the previous night, and, exhausted, I instantly fell onto my bed to go to sleep. Grace had decided to come and cuddle me, so she was spooning me, leaving Michael unimpressed.

"Grace, please can I have my girlfriend back?"

"No." He sighed.

"I'm tired, please can I go to sleep? You can have her tomorrow night, I promise."

"No."

"Gracie," I warned. "He's tired, I want a hug from him, please." She shook her head, and Michael stormed out, infuriated. "Grace, if he's pissed off at me now I'll actually kill you."

"And? You love me."

"Debatable," I mumbled, almost asleep. Moments later, Michael returned with Ashton in tow.

"Please remove your girlfriend from mine," Michael said to Ashton, making me laugh slightly. Ash grabbed Grace by the waist and placed her over his shoulder in a fireman's lift, much to her disgust. Her legs were flailing every which way and she was making demonic sounding screeches.

"Nighty night, wife," I said as Ash carried her out of the room, and I snuggled into Michael's chest.

"Thank you, baby," he said quietly.

"What for?"

"That Twitter thing earlier? It made me smile so much, you're just so adorable." I smiled into his chest and fell asleep again.

*****
Heres some florichael for everybody
Fun fact: i was having a proper break down last night over my history revision bc i was like no way am i gonna be able to learn all this and then the stuff i didnt learn wasnt on the exam praise jesus

Song of the chapter: long way down by one direction