Chapter 45 - "I'll have a sex on the beach"

I was sat in the back of the car with a blindfold on. It sounds like I'd been kidnapped, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Michael was surprising me, taking me on a date, and he wouldn't tell me where we were going. He'd made me put on an off the shoulder white dress, and white sandals to match, but that didn't give me any clues as to where we were going.

Eventually, the car stopped and Michael opened the door, allowing a gentle breeze through the car and across my face. He took my hand and helped me out of the car, gently guiding me down a ramp. I gasped softly as I felt sand between my toes, but he kept walking with my hand in his. We eventually stopped on a different surface, and he let go of my hand.

"Sit down," he whispered in my ear, sending chills down my spine. I followed his instruction and felt the blindfold being untied. It slipped down my face, and I looked around, working out where I was.

"Bondi?" I asked, and Michael nodded. We were on Bondi Beach, which was surprisingly quiet even though it was getting towards winter. I was sat on a picnic blanket, in the middle of which was a basket. A bottle of champagne poked out of the corner, and unlit candles were scattered over the blanket. Michael reached behind the basket and produced a beautiful bouquet of flowers, some red roses and some white lilies.

"This is to congratulate you on your new job," Michael said softly, offering me the flowers. I took them and held them to my nose, breathing in the scent.

"I haven't even officially got it yet," I laughed. "This is amazing."

"I don't care, you deserve this anyway." He pulled out two champagne flutes and popped open the bottle, filling the glasses. He gave me a glass, quickly lit all the candles and smiled at me, raising his flute. "To you."

"To you," I echoed him, tapping my glass against his and taking a sip. "What else have you got in that basket?"

"A bit of food, nothing much. We're going properly out after this," he told me, pushing the basket in my direction. I looked through it, smiling as I saw he'd got a box of my favourite chocolates and a fresh baked loaf of bread. "I know you love bread, so-"

"You're the best," I said. I finished my champagne then flung my arms around him, pressing my lips to his. "I love you so much."

"I love you more," he said. I shook my head, smiling as he kissed me again. I pulled a strawberry chocolate from the box and placed it on my tongue, letting it melt and the strawberry creme filling ooze into my mouth.

We lounged on the beach for a while, watching the sun sink under the waves, the last rays of light tinging the water orange. Over in the east I could see a storm brewing, the clouds rolling over each other, but the storm clearly wasn't coming closer. As it got darker, Michael took my hand and helped me up, picking up the blanket and basket. He guided me back towards the car, placing the picnic stuff in the back and locking the door.

"We're going to the Pirates bar, alright?" I nodded, still elated with how sweet he was being. "Let's go." We ran along the promenade hand in hand until we reached the tiki style entrance to the Pirates bar. We stepped into the outdoor seating area and found a table, took our seats, and picked up a drinks menu. I flicked through the pages until I found the cocktails, then skimmed through the list until I found the one I wanted.

"I'll have a sex on the beach," I told Michael, and he looked up at me.

"Should have told me earlier," he smirked.

"Shut up," I said, pulling a tongue at him. He rolled his eyes and stood up to order at the bar. Moments later, he returned with my cocktail and a bottle of beer for himself. He took a sip and set it down, taking my hand. I looked out over the beach, then noticed a rolling cloud in the distance. "Look over there." Suddenly, a flash of lightning lit up the horizon, and I gasped, waiting a few seconds for the thunder to reach my ears.

"What was it? I missed it."

"A storm," I sighed. "It's so weird, like you can see it, you know it's there, but it's nowhere near us." Another bolt of lightning hit the ground, and he gasped.

"That's so pretty!"

"Like me." I sipped my cocktail, batting my eyelashes at him when he turned to face me.

"Very true," he shot back almost instantly, and he leaned across the table for a kiss. I gladly joined my lips to his, then pulled away.

"Beer does not go well with sex on the beach," I gagged.

"Yes it does, beer leads to sex on the beach," he smirked, and I shook my head.

"Shut up." He rolled his eyes, and suddenly the rain hit like a blanket. "What the fuck?"

"It was literally miles away, how has this happened?" Michael asked, and I shrugged, my lips breaking apart as I realised how cold the water was. "Shit, let's get back to the car." He took my hand and we sprinted down the promenade, trying to get back to the car before we got too wet, but to no avail. By the time we'd reached the car door my white dress was thoroughly soaked through and my bra was on full display to the world. I threw myself into the passenger seat, cranking up the internal temperature and putting the fans on full blast to try and dry myself off.

"Fuck, that was cold," I breathed, my voice shaking slightly as I shivered.

"Nice bra," Michael mentioned, taking his eyes off the road for a millisecond to look at my chest.

"Eyes on the road," I snapped, my mind flashing back to the drive back from Perth, how I'd nearly lost four of my best friends in one moment.

"I'm sorry baby," he whispered, and we drove in a comfortable silence until we got back to the dorms. "I'm sorry about the rain, that wasn't supposed to happen."

"You couldn't have done anything," I said softly, and he have me a small smile, lifting my hand to his lips. The stubble of his beard brushed against my knuckles, and I laughed a little at the tickling sensation.

"Let me make it up to you," he said, and before I knew it we were in his room, Luke was locked out, and our clothes were lining the floor like a second carpet.

*****
Alrighty okay so
I had this BOMB chapter written then wattpad decided to delete it and i was like woah matey wyd
anyway loza is back she is on half term and in a hell of a lot of pain (thanks to a dance class last night dw im not dying)

Im out

Song of the chapter: meteorite by years & years