Chapter 5 - "I hate Wine Gums. They're devil's food"

Michael opened his laptop as we sat on his bed together. I'd grabbed food from the communal kitchen (it wasn't locked away therefore I could claim it) while Michael made a pillow fort. He logged onto Netflix and looked at me.

"What do you want to watch?" At that moment, I forgot all films that had ever been made except one.

"50 Shades of Grey," I blurted out. Michael raised an eyebrow, as if to say you sure? I nodded.

"Alrighty then, 50 Shades coming right up," he said and typed the movie name into the search bar. We waited for the movie to load and I opened the sweets, putting one in my mouth. I spat it out in horror when I realised what it was.

"I hate Wine Gums," I winced. "They're devil's food."

"You got them," Michael reminded me. I glared at him. "Okay, I'll shut up." The movie started and I rested my head on his shoulder and crossed my legs.

When the first sex scene came on, I buried my face in Michael's shoulder, giggling to myself. I was being immature, but I stopped when Michael placed his hand gently upon my thigh. He started rubbing my leg, slowly, gently, so much so that I barely would have noticed had it not been Michael. But it was him, and every time he touched me it felt like he was sending electric shocks through me. I should have liked it.

But I didn't.

I was terrified. All the stories I'd heard about relationships flooded through my head.
he played with her for about a month then left her
he promised they'd be together forever
they always lie, Flora, don't trust boys
I had had relationships, but they'd never been so intimate so quickly.

I looked at Michael, then got up and fled.

***
I sat on the park bench, crying. My phone hadn't stopped going off, with texts and calls from Michael and Grace, but I was ignoring it. I had my head on my knees and I was sobbing, though whether it was because I was scared of a relationship or because I regretted what I'd done, I wasn't sure. People had walked past me and stared at me, but no one cared. I had mascara stains down my cheeks, my nose was running, and my hair was a mess. I'd put music on to try and stop the panic attacks, but I couldn't hear it. Suddenly, there was someone beside me.

"Flora?" It was Ashton. "What's wrong?"

"Leave me alone," I choked out. "Please."

"It'd be a dick move of me to do that, Michael would kill me." I cried harder. "Flora, please talk to me."

"I can't," I sobbed. "I fucked up Ashton." He picked me up and let me cry into his shoulder.

"I'm taking you back to your dorm, Grace can look after you." He carried me home, and managed to knock on the door without putting me down. Grace opened the door and he immediately walked in and put me down on my bed. "Look after her, I'm going to talk to Michael and see what happened," I heard him say in a low voice. He left, and I rolled over so I was facing the wall while Grace sat next to me and sighed.

*Michael's POV*
"What the fuck happened?" Ash yelled as he walked in. "I've just taken Flora back to her dorm, she was crying her eyes out!"

"I don't know!" I shouted. "We were messing about, I put my hand on her thigh, she ran away!"

"Fuck," Ashton growled, tugging his hair. "You could have fucked things up for me and Grace too you know!"

"I wasn't supposed to know that she'd run away if we started doing anything," I spat. "It's not my fault."

"Just make her forgive you," he punched the wall, but not hard enough to leave a hole, thank God. "If Grace thinks my best friend plays girls then she'll think I'm the same."

"Look, I'm sorry man. Do I go and see her now, or do I wait?"

"If you go and see her now, she'll probably still be mad. Let her calm down, go see her in the morning when she's more open to reason."

"Okay," I agreed. "I'm gonna go to sleep, goodnight buddy."

"Night Mike." As he left, I got out my phone and added another text to the multiple unanswered ones.
I'm sorry Flora. Sleep tight, I'll see you in the morning okay?x

I turned my phone off and went to bed, thinking of her, only her.

***
short but dramatic so dont shout at me
Fallon2000 made this adorable video for me to watch when im sad and its just so cute i love her yall deserve a friend like her
im gonna do a song of the chapter bc its cool even though its probably just gonna be what i'm listening to as i write and i only listen to like five songs
todays song is Coming Home by The Vamps

its a cute song okay ciao