Chapter 23 - "Just go write a sad song then serenade her"

*Michael's POV*
I walked angrily into my dorm, slamming the door behind me, and going straight for the bottle of vodka in the cabinet by my bed. I poured out a few shots and downed them all one by one. Luke watched in confusion.

"What happened?"

"Fucking Flora," I grumbled, taking another shot. "And her boyfriend."

"She's cheating?!"

"She might as well be." I went to pour another, but Luke grabbed the bottle out of my hand.

"Just tell me what happened without the booze."

"So I go to pick her up from her first ballet session, right?" He nodded. "And I had this cute ass outfit in my trunk and I was going to take her out to celebrate, but when I go to watch her she's so close to him they're basically fucking."

"She's a dancer, mate, you kind of have to get used to it," he said, shrugging. "Would you have a problem if she was dancing with a girl?"

"Well yeah, she's fucked girls before as well hasn't she." I instantly kicked myself. I knew I was pissed off with her, but it was wrong of me to out her, especially to Luke, who she barely knew.

"Dude..."

"I just... she could have told me she was going to be so close to him."

"Maybe she didn't know? I mean, it sounded like it was going to be a fairly big class but it was actually just the two of them."

"I guess. But that would mean I was in the wrong, and I don't want to be wrong. I like being right," I sighed.

"I know you do," he said. "Just go write a sad song then serenade her, okay?"

"Only if you help me," I said, pulling up our songwriting programme on the computer. We got to work, writing this song, pouring all of our (well, mainly my) emotions into the music. I grabbed my guitar and fiddled around with some chords until I found the ones that fit the feel of the song perfectly. I looked at Luke and smiled. "If Flora likes it, we're getting everyone in this, drums, bass, everything."

"Sick... I'll go and get her and bring her back then I'll fuck off so you can have make up sex."

"Shut up," I laughed lightly, then shooed him out of the door. "Bring me back my girlfriend." He walked out the room and I smiled sadly to myself, praying this was going to work.

*Flora's POV*
Me and Grace were dealing with the fight the way girls do. We'd bought about ten tubs of Ben and Jerry's and we were watching America's Next Top Model reruns.

"Slay Tyra!" Grace yelled, laughing, while I shoved a massive spoonful of chocolate fudge brownie ice cream into my mouth. We were watching the judges criticise an aspiring models when there was a knock at the door. Grace opened the door, and Luke was stood there.

"Hey, guys," he said, biting his lip ring. "Flora, can I talk to you?" I looked at him, then my ice cream, then back at him. He sighed. "Please." I rolled my eyes and stood up, going outside to speak to him.

"If it's about Michael, I plan on not talking to him until he finds the balls to come here and apologise to me himself. Unless he's written a song for me, but that's not likely." Luke looked at me. "He hasn't, has he?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise... Just go see him, please?"

"Okay." I went inside, telling Grace I was going out for a little while, but not where, then left. When I was halfway across campus, I realised I maybe should have cleaned myself up a bit. I was wearing a pair of grey joggers and a too-big band tshirt with no bra, a combination that doubled as my pyjamas. My hair was a messy bun - not the stylish kind - and I was wearing no makeup in the middle of a break out. I shook my head then continued on to Michael's. I knocked at the door, and I heard him softly call to me to come in. I walked in, then took a step back in shock. The room was almost in darkness, but he'd lit a few candles, and he had a bunch of flowers lying on top of his guitar. He handed them to me, then picked up his guitar and started playing, singing along softly.

"Carry on, let the good times roll, sail on, let your path unfold, won't be long, won't be long, won't be long, you know it's gonna get better, you know it's gonna get better.
Say a prayer for the broken bones, 'cause who cares, we're all going home, and it won't be long, won't be long, won't be long, you know it's gonna get better, you kmow it's gonna get better.
I got one foot in the golden life, one foot in the gutter. So close to the other side, so far from the wonder. I got one foot in the golden life, one foot in the gutter, so sick of the tug of war that keeps pulling me under.
Let the good times roll, let the good times roll.
Carry on, outlast the ignorance, movin' on, survive the innocence, won't be long, won't be lomg, won't be long, you know it's gonna get better."

As he finished the song, I was in floods of tears. It was so beautiful, and he was so talented to be able to sing and play at the same time. He put his guitar down and I went straight in for a hug. I cried into his shoulder as he rocked me from side to side.

"I'm sorry, Flora," he whispered. He kissed my forehead. "I do trust you, I just don't want to lose you."

"I'm yours," I said, returning his kiss. Suddenly, the room seemed ten times hotter and I gasped. I tugged on the bottom of my shirt to hint to him, and he took the suggestion straight away. He pulled the top over my head, smirking when he noticed I wasn't wearing a bra. "I was ready for bed!"

"Hmm, right," he said, kissing my chest tenderly. I took off his top, and soon our trousers joined the pile of clothes on the floor. Moments later, Michael had a condom on, and he took my nod as consent. I gasped as he pushed himself into me, digging my nails into his back. He moaned my name, moving fairly slowly, but getting quicker. His breath smelled slightly of alcohol, but I ignored it, too focussed on the pleasure I was feeling. As he pushed harder, I started humming, my breath becoming shorter and shorter as my stamina depleted. I screamed his name as I reached my high, him joining me moments later. He pulled out of me, threw the used condom away, then came and lay next to me. "That was fucking amazing."

"We should fight more often for the make up sex," I told him, and he shook his head.

"No, I don't like it when you're mad at me." I smiled and kissed his nose.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you, too."

*****
somewhat long chapter

i know michael doesnt feature heavily in carry on but oh well
it was the first song they played at slfl so guess who was already crying at that point??!
also outer space makes me cry too

i cry at most of their songs tbh im just a v sad person

song of the chapter: i dont even know your name by shawn mendes (what a bae)