Chapter 56

The woman had been standing there the entire time. She laughed. My body twitched and I could still feel my skin burning from the vervain.

"You did good Rose," she said pulling off my restraints. I was drenched in sweat as if I'd been running. I looked down at my stomach that looked a tiny bit bigger.

"What the hell was that?" I glared at the woman, my heart was pounding.
"I have a baby in here!" I said angrily.

"I'm actually surprised, you did the shortest time out of everyone. Thomas would have been in there forever if you hadn't been there." I remained sitting although I was free.

"What was that?" I asked once again.

"It's a witch trick. Mind games" she finally answered.

"That's cruel," I said.

"It's necessary," she snapped.

"You said I did 'good'?"

"Yes. I found your way out... interesting," she said smirking, she really seemed to enjoy this.

"You say that like there was another way?" I questioned.

"There were a few. Most people kill the vampires," she said. I stood up feeling a little dizzy.

"Well. I imagine I'm cured" I said.

"Thomas is waiting for you in the main lobby. We already called the driving arrangements. We have showers and clothes for you as well" she said. I nodded and followed her out. She led me to a fairly nice bathroom considering the rest of the place look like a prison. She handed me a couple of soaps and a towel.

"Clothes will be outside the curtain," she informed then left. I dropped the sweat-drenched clothes and turned on the water. I had usually preferred the water to be much warmer, it was just lukewarm. It flowed over me like a warm wave, it was kind of relaxing but I wanted out of this place soon.

I showered and got dressed in some sweat stuff. Gray sweatshirt and sweat pants. I wasn't really complaining it was comfortable. Odd for me just to be wearing a sweatshirt with nothing under but it was clothes. 

I met Thomas in the sitting area, he looked shook up. I sat next to him.

"You doing okay?" I asked. He looked over.

"That's one hell of a three-day-process," he joked.

"Tell me about it," I laughed.

"What happens after this?" He asked.

"Well. You're gonna be meeting Klaus. He's... a hybrid as well. More uptight, totally in love with me. But it's more of a love-hate relationship," I explained.

"Aren't you in love with someone else?" He asked. I laughed.

"Yes. Klaus is... Elijah's brother,"

"Wow. That's complicated," he pointed out. I huffed.

"Very... welcome to the family," I joked. We both laughed. Then, I saw movement in the corner of my eye. I looked up to see Rebecca coming through the door, then Elijah was behind her. I immediately stood up, as if it were an instinct. Elijah and I locked eyes. He smiled the biggest smile. My knees felt weak but I walked to him. Time seemed to slow for us. Within moments I was in his arms. Then he got down on his knees and hugged around my stomach, he was listening to the heartbeat. He and I smiled. He stood up again and we locked lips.

"Get a room," Rebecca said. We just kept kissing anyway. Then I heard Klaus speak, I held onto Elijah's hand as we grouped up.

"Where's the hybrid," Klaus said unhappily. I turned toward Thomas and signaled for him to come over. He looked really nervous, and I was a bit nervous myself. Klaus came forward and eyeballed Thomas as if he were competition. Elijah and I both noticed the looks, I was glad Elijah hadn't questioned Thomas's existence. Klaus held out his hand for Thomas to shake it.

"What are you, my dad?? Let's go," I said while the guys shook hands then stopped after my comment. Rebecca and Elijah chuckled, while Klaus looked scarily into Thomas's eyes, who was holding back his laughter. Then the tension broke, Rebecca walked us to a black car parked outside. The sun was bright and blinded me for a moment but I was still holding onto Elijah's hand.

Klaus and Thomas got into the car. Klaus was driving while Thomas awkwardly sat shotgun. I turned around to see Rebecca walking away from the car.

"Rebecca..? You're not coming with us?" I asked. She spun around.

"Not quite yet." She answered, looking back to Klaus. I nodded choosing to ignore the looks. Elijah went and opened my door for me. I stepped in and hugged around my own stomach. Suddenly I felt a kick and it startled me, along with Elijah who noticed my reaction. I took his hand and placed it on my stomach. You could just see his eyes light up. We were a family, and this is all I could have ever wanted. Maybe minus the dying part but it was pretty normal by now.

Klaus drove us somewhere. A place I wasn't allowed to know about. Elijah and I snuggled in the back, a few looks toward us every so often but we didn't care. So many things had changed... I used to fear these people and now they're my family, it's strange how time works. I've noticed that time lets things change at a pace I've never understood, sometimes for the better or maybe the worst. Right here, right now was amazing. I survived my rehab of sorts and was back with the one I love. I didn't know how much more time until the baby would come, but I hoped soon. I'd like to meet my baby angel, and I already knew Elijah would too.