Chapter 37

~~A few days later~~

    I couldn't help but remember that I died. I didn't see anything... but maybe I wasn't dead long enough. My body chemistry had changed dramatically in a matter of a couple hours. My eye color changed, I was incredibly strong, I could hear things from a mile away. Everything I touched had more texture, my eyes could see what we all had missed, the beauty in life was magnified. My taste and emotion changed as well, life was different, but among that I struggled to sleep.

Klaus became different in the days as well. After we left the doctor he made new arrangements. He made absolutely sure that even with my new abilities I couldn't escape. He went through great lengths to keep me here... Maybe for good reason... Deep inside me I felt this... Hunger. It burned me from the inside out, a constant craving, a thirst that couldn't be quenched. I had heard of this before, it drove many off the edge and I could feel why. It was tearing apart my sanity... My humanity had been ripped from me, I was robbed of life.

I sat in my bed, the covers wrapped around me like clothing. I wasn't cold but sitting like this was comfortable.
I wasn't tied down but I might as well be. I couldn't leave although it was partially voluntary. This hunger was the scariest feeling yet so blissful. I had to drink a lot of blood each day to keep me in full health but Klaus was worried about my strength. I could easily pull a tree from the ground, I could easily escape.... So vervain was also implemented into my diet, but I usually just threw it back into their faces, it never ended that well... Klaus's minions actually feared me, they probably thought I'd rip their heads off... That's what I was afraid of too. If I just slipped, even a little, someone could lose their head, quite literally. I still don't have any magic, which I was kinda relieved about. Less things to try to figure out. But I definitely was a hybrid, with super strength and the hunger for blood.

I laid in my bed staring up at the ceiling. I stared up so long that it seemed to move. My door opened and I jumped up. One of Klauses minions walked in. He flinched when I jumped up. He had a bag of blood and a mini test tube of vervain.

"Klaus sent me to-" he started to say before I cut him off.

"I know," I said snatching the blood from his hand. I bit into the bag and drained it in half a second. When I looked back at the guy he held out the test tube.

"Please just drink it," he pleaded. I laughed and threw the bag of blood at him. "If you don't drink it willingly, you know what I have to do," he said almost in a threatening tone. I slowly walked toward him, I reached out to grab the vervain. Then I grabbed him! He struggled to get away, dropped the test tube, and it shattered! Suddenly, three other minions jumped on top of me and held me down. While I was down they injected me with a larger dose of vervain that I wasn't used to. My skin burned hotter than the sun! They left me that way, the four of them walked out and locked the door again. I twitched for a good few minutes. I tried to stay positive, I tried not to lose my cool but things were different...