Chapter 18

I stared down at the note as I walked down the stairs, I had the key in hand. How did they expect me to go looking for stuff? I dropped the note on the stair case and went looking for my phone. As soon as I walked into the kitchen, I saw a small old chest on the counter top that wasn't there before. I took the key to its lock and turned it. I opened the box to see my phone, I sighed in relief. I picked it up and went to call Elena. I went to my contacts list, but there were only two names... Elijah and Klaus were the only names. I put my phone in my pocket and started walking toward the front door. My fingers just swept the door handle when the phone rang. I quickly pulled out the phone and answered it without knowing who it was.

"That's not part of the game you must choose one or the other, there is no both, in your future," Klaus said, then hung up. I tried the door anyway. It wouldn't budge, but it's only fair. I looked down at my phone, it only had 10%. I hated this, I knew what they were doing, I have to choose between them at the end of the night.

"Uggg!" I shouted."I'm only seventeen!" I shouted again. I held my phone in my hand tightly and threw it across the room watching it shatter into pieces upon impact! "I'm not choosing between you!" I yelled."Not yet anyway," I walked over and sat on a couch thinking.... There must be another way than waiting until midnight, one that doesn't involve me being bored. I'm sure they realize that, hopefully. As my mind began to wander I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke to the house completely dark.

"Great... What time is it?" I said aloud. Suddenly a phone rang in my pocket!?! I pulled it out quickly. Did they put it in my pocket and if so I want to sock them in the head! I answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Rose! Where are you I need to see you," the woman said.

"Mom!?! Where are you!!?" I asked.

"On our way dear," she answered then I heard a familiar voice in the background. I started to cry.

"Mom, is that who I thought it was?" I said tears falling from my face. I could hear her voice distort a bit, she was holding back tears.

"Yes, it is"...