Chapter 15

Caught up in the moment I forgot what this was. How can I be the only one to give a vampire a family!? Vampires can't have kids! Why me? Why him? This made no sense. I mean, he's handsome and a gentlemen... But I don't know him, I can't go by feeling alone, I need more. What do I even know about him? I know his first name... He's a vampire, he has one brother that I know about... This is ridiculous! I don't want to fall in love with a stranger, but maybe I already had...

"Elijah" I called. I knew he was still here, Klaus said to meet in an hour and the place wasn't far. "I know you can hear me, you have super hearing," I said. I heard foot steps come up the stairs. Then he stopped outside the door. "How can I love you if I don't know the first thing about you?" I asked. He remained silent."In the journal, Rosalena seemed to fall for you instantly. I just can't... I don't even know your last name" I said, partially lying. There was a pause.

"Mikaelson... Elijah Mikaelson," he answered.

"What's your favorite color?" I asked.

"I would have to say... Blood red," he answered.

"Really? Hmm, I should have guessed" I laughed a little and he chuckled. "So is this what you always do on the first date? Lock the girl in a bedroom and use her boredom against her?" I joked, we both chuckled again.

"No, she usually only comes for dinner" he joked.

"Ha ha ha, very funny," I said sarcastically. "How old are you?" I asked.

"1,035 years old but this body is only 23," he said.

"Wow, a thousand years? That's a long time," I said.

"Yes, it is. But when you're immortal, you get to live and see so many amazing things that the passage of time is merely a speck of dust floating through the wind, you don't notice it. I smiled imagining the thought of living to see what he's seen.

"What's it like to be a vampire?" I asked. He opened the door.

"It wasn't locked, I'm not a monster," he said then looked down as if he was about to do something."I'm sorry but I need you to trust me and to do what I say. I promise you are in no danger," he compelled me. I nodded. He had me following him out of the room and down the stairs. Around the room with a single chair, ropes and a water.

"It's thrilling," he said. "Every feeling that you had being human is amplified. Liking someone becomes loving someone, sadness becomes depression and dislike becomes hatred" he said. He sat me in a chair and began tying me to the chair. "But it's very lonely," Then he doused the ropes in the water. "This is vervain, it burns a vampire like holy water to a demon," he explained.

"Why are you tying me up?" I asked realizing I had been released from the compulsion.

"I'm turning you over to my brother," he said pulling out my phone from his pocket.

"What?!" I started to struggle in the chair. He called Klaus on my phone.

"Hello brother. Expecting someone else? I have her, meet me at the mansion," he said hanging up.

"Wait, what are you doing Elijah? I thought we were friends," I said feeling betrayed. He avoided eye contact.

"This is nothing against you. I'm just doing what's necessary," He said as if it pained him. I couldn't imagine what Klaus would do to me. Damon told me a couple stories about what Klaus has done to people, it gets... Messy. Elijah stood there like a stranger as I waited for my fate.

"I'm sorry," I said. Elijah turned to me.

"Why?" He asked.

"Tell my mom, I love her and that I'm sorry," I said. Elijah looked me in the eyes and changed his tough guy attitude to someone sweeter. Then, Klaus busted down the door! His face filled with rage, his temper flared in his eyes as he looked at Elijah who was back to being tough.

"What are you doing brother, let her go," he calmly protested.

"She is not Rosalena brother, she's her doppelganger," Elijah informed. Klaus looked back at me, slightly disappointed but still angry. I looked at him with sad eyes, I didn't want to die.

"Give her to me," Klaus demanded.

"As you wish brother, she's all yours," Elijah said giving up too easily, then he left. Klaus tore the ropes from my body, the vervain made his skin boil and turn red for a few seconds. He reached to help me up and I flinched. He looked a bit sad and kept his arm out. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. I fell into his arms and he wrapped them around me. I slowly put my arms around his. His slim body was warm and comforting.

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked in a whisper.

"Why do you ask?" He questioned.

"I don't want you to," I said. He softly chuckled.

"I don't want to either," he said. My tense body loosened and I let go of the hug. Klaus took me by the hand and led me back up to the bedroom and sat me on the bed.

"You should sleep" he suggested. I got comfortable on top of the blankets. Klaus dragged a reclining chair in front of the bedroom door and grabbed a wooden stake hidden in the bathroom. He sat in the chair, wielding the stake like a mighty sword only shorter and made of wood. Klaus, a man that is evil, unemphatic, ruthless, and just scary guarded me. I was nobody, just a lookalike of some girl from the 1800's, but if this man was protecting me I must have been more to him. I smirked then closed my eyes for awhile. Moments before slumber I heard Klaus get up, then I felt a stringy blanket slowly fall over me. Then he leaned on the bed and then his soft lips kissed my cheek...

I woke up the next morning to the sound of hammering and men talking. I eased myself up, and Klaus was nowhere to be seen. I made my way toward the stairs and walked down them. As I reached the bottom I saw Klaus over seeing that the door was replaced and sturdy. I caught his eye.

"Good morning," he said, I smirked, still tired. Klaus had me follow him into the kitchen where there was an older man with a pen and I stack of papers. He showed me paperwork for the house and had me sign on all the lines, saving the most important one for last. Klaus had left the room and got everyone to leave. So as he set one foot out of the house I signed the paper making the house mine. I ran toward the door and watched as Klaus turned around to see he wasn't allowed in...