Chapter 7

~2015~

I closed the journal in frustration. I sat up on my bed and threw the book in front of me. I rubbed my eyes then heard my door open. I looked up to see my mom dropping off my laundry basket when the book caught her eye. She came in and sat down on my bed with me, and began flipping through the journal.

"I see you found the old family journal," she said.

"Yeah I hope it was ok, I found it in a box of old stuff and was curious," I said.

"That's fine," she said.

"Oh, do you know if there are any more? It ended with a bit of a cliffhanger," I asked. My mom settled on my bed and began her story.

"Okay, so as the story goes Rosalena the one you're named after, packed up all of her things planning on running away with Elijah. Elijah went to his brother to say goodbye but never returned to Rose. She lost the house as expected and had to take shelter elsewhere. Rose eventually found her way to a tavern in her worst days and saw a boy from her childhood. He offered her a place to stay and she stayed for about a year. Then one day Elijah showed up and swept rose off her feet. She was presumed dead after being missing for two years! Then one cold December, she showed up at the doorstep of the boy not remembering the last two years! They both settled down, got married, and had two children" she told.

"Wow," I expressed. "But in the journal, it said that Elijah and Klaus were vampires, why didn't turn her, why make her forget?" I questioned.

"Well, she could have portrayed them as 'vampires' because of how they looked or had a fierce personality. We will never really know for sure, for all we know she could have faked the journal, she did like to write stories" she explained. Her explanations made perfect sense but why fake a journal full of heart break love and a point of view of her love. It wasn't all her hand writing so it must have been another person. She patted me on the back. "Now, enough family history. school tomorrow," she reminded. I nodded and I watched my mom take the book with her but didn't bother to stop her. I got underneath my blanket and turned off the lamp at my bedside.