Chapter 9

I froze staring at the image. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The picture said it was Rosalena but it was me. In a faded red and green dress... But how could we look exactly alike? I put the picture back into the pocket it fell out of and read through the book. Everything seemed so normal and aligned with my mother's story and the journal. On the last pages were deaths that all happened at the same time Rosalena died. There was a maximum count of twenty-three in the same month, cases all the same. Necks were torn into...

"Vampires," I whispered to myself.

"Rose?" my mom yelled. She was home!? Already? I quickly put everything back and ran up to my room before she could catch me in the act. Years ago, my father discovered the journal and read everything about everything and became obsessed. He was convinced that "the original vampires would find us". He was so paranoid that he ran himself out of town and then that's when my mom and I moved to Mystic Falls, I guess she didn't want me to do the same.

I sat on my bed still listening to my music. My mom walked in and walked out seeing why I didn't answer her. Then my music stopped, my phone began ringing. It was my other best friend. I had three but Elena didn't ride the bus anymore, she would have gone to the movie with us but she had been gone a few days.

"Hey, what's up?" I answered. A males voice sounded.

"Hey Rose, this is Stefan. Have you seen Elena?" He asked.

"No, what's wrong?" I asked.

"She's missing..." He said.

"I'll be right there," I said hanging up the phone. I got my coat and grabbed my phone and rushed down the stairs.

"Hey, mom!" I yelled. "I'm borrowing the car," I said taking her car keys. My mom came out of now where and took the keys.

"Not until you tell me why you weren't at school today," she said.

"Can't I just tell you when I get back? It's really important," I said.

"What's so important that you can't tell me now?" She continued.

"Mom! I have to go" I said snatching the keys away from her and running out the door! I jumped into the car and drove before she could reach the driveway. I was in so much trouble when I got home, I had never done that before but it was important. I pulled up to the Salvator mansion and ran inside to see Elena's friends and family. But I was kinda late, Stefan and his brother Damon were already on their way there, they found Elena. I left with Elena's brother Jeremy and Bonnie to go to the grill.

I eventually came home, it was super late. I walked into my room and flopped on my bed. Although I was tired I couldn't find peace to sleep. The next thing I knew I was waking up with no memory of falling asleep. I got up and explained myself to my mother and hesitantly told her Elena was missing and we were out looking for her. She began to freak out and the next thing I did was call Elena, who was safe at home.