Chapter 30

The man gave me an accusing look.

"I didn't murder my parents," I said offended.

"So they are dead?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked puzzled by the question, and now worried. I started to memorize his face just in case... Short dark hair, stubble, deep voice, scar above his right eye.

"We have witnesses that saw your mother and long lost father come into town together. Then, they are never seen again," He said. I went into thought. Is he a detective or what? Someone must have covered up their deaths...

"I wouldn't know sir, I ran away after my mother went crazy searching for my father. I didn't know they were in town... I just got back" I lied.

"A runaway huh? Have you visited anyone since you've been back? Seen anyone you know?" He asked.

"No, I haven't," I said. He just nodded his head. "I'm sorry, who did you say you were again?" I asked.

"I didn't," he said before pulling a white cloth and covering my nose and mouth. I started to struggle. I attempted to kick him and stagger him, but his body just absorbed the kicks like they were nothing! I started to lose consciousness! Then it went dark....

Why was this always happening to me, this couldn't be a normal affair.... But maybe it was, maybe this all normal somehow... Maybe it wasn't, I could never tell anymore but I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

I woke up, Derek a foot in front of my face. I jumped back, my hands were tied behind my back and I was in a corner of what looked to be an abandoned house.

"What the hell is going on here!?" I said nearly shouting. Derek shushed me.

"Look, I'm sorry but we didn't know how else to get you here," he whispered.

"Where are we exactly??" I whispered.

"We will explain everything very soon, you have to trust me," he said.

"Says the boy who kidnapped me!?" I said loudly. He looked around to see if anyone heard me.

"That wasn't my idea, I didn't know how they would pull you in," he said.

"Pull me in?? What do you mean?" I asked.

"All I can say for now is that you're safe here," he said. I loosened up my body as much as possible. I felt very tense and it wasn't helping that Derek was whispering. I wondered if he was with these people... or maybe he was kidnapped like me, but I doubt it. His word choice seemed a bit too careful.

"Derek!" A voice shouted. Suddenly Derek jumped up and ran into the other room. I could totally escape right now, I thought to myself. It's probably a terrible idea, seeing that my arm is in a cast from the last time I ran away.... But I can't just stay here.