Unexpected Visitors #2

Renee is sitting next to her son, Connor and Doc serves her a cup of tea.

"I am so sorry for what he has done, Doc."
"It's okay. Nothing serious anyway. He should apologise to Karl."
"Come on, Connor. Say sorry to your Uncle Karl."

Connor get up from his chair and exit through the door withou saying a word. Renee looks at him with disappointment. She grabs her brother's hand.

"I'm sorry for everything, Karl."
"He is wasting his potential, Renee. He is a good fighter, just like his father."
"Would you please stop his training programme immediately? I raised him to be a normal, happy and healthy kid."
"Certaintly he has no manners."
"He's only twenty!"
"I killed hundreds of mutants and dozens of innocent lifes when I was his age. He's too soft!"
"Karl! There is no war. Not anymore. We live in a peaceful life after a long time."

Doc intervenes.

"Actually, the war hasn't stop. Few days ago, a few countries have been under attack by unknown goverment. Mexico, India, China, Canada and most recently, Brazil. The attack on Brazil was conducted last night. I got a bad feeling that this town would be the next target."
"Why!?"
"No idea why. But from what I see, it's not random. I'll tell you if there is anything I could tell."

Renee leaves the office and make her way to her house. The exact same house where Diana and John lived their life to the end. Diana's grave can be seen at the edge of the backyard while John's grave is located right beside the town statue. She lives most of her life for the past twenty years raising Connor on her own. Sometimes Doc would dropped by to check on her. She haven't seen Lena for quite a long time. Lena decided to search for more survivors to the north especially Alaska where the virus most probably weren't able to reach, thanks to the extreme temperature.

That night, Connor went outside of his house for fresh air. He lights a cigar and sit on his front porch. He stares into the night sky.

"I wonder what would happened if I had a father

"I wonder what would happened if I had a father...."

Then, someone taps on his shoulder and he turns his head.

"Oh, Lucil."
"What are you doing here, Connor?"

Lucil is the girl next door that has been growing up him together ever since they were born. She is the daughter of Chicago survivors leader, Wayne. Her mother, Terra passed away ten years after years of fighting cancer relentlessly. She leans her head against Connor's should to comfort herself.

"Its a beautiful night, isn't it Connor? A hidden gem inside this hellish world."
"I probably should get inside. Good night."

The next morning, Doc summons his highest officers to his office. Among them are Karl, Devil, Ghost, Red and Wayne.

"Afternoon, gentlemen. We are gathering here for a reason. Few days ago an unknown government had attack Brazil with airstrike. I believe they were coming from the other side of the world. Probably the Russian or European, we don't know. But we do know that they will coming for this town. Here's why."

A video projected to the large screen and they watch in horror. It is a message from an unknown person with most of his or her face is hidden with dark shade.

"People of Dawn, please surrender your leader or any resilience will result in total devastation."

The video end. The whole room went nuts and Red slam the table.

"Silence! Doc, carry on."
"Thank you. The message told us to surrender our leader. And that is what I will do! But I won't go therr alone. Karl, Red, Ghost and Devil. You guys are with me tomorrow morning."
"But we don't even know where to go."
"I-"

BANGGGGG

The whole room just got blasted from outside and some of them are buried by the crumbled wall. Luckily, Doc and Karl didnt crushed by the wall and they went outside to see what was happening.

Dozens of choppers and airplanes are coming towards them and tanks are dropped from the sky.

"Holy sh-"

Karl pulls Doc away from the falling tanks and they are running away to safety.

Connor, surprised by the sound of explosion and rush to outside. Soldiers are descending from the choppers and tanks are ravaging throughout the town. Connor grabs his mother and run towards the Doc's panic room. Ghost and Red assemble every men they can get and fight back.

Karl and Devil aid Doc and all women and children to Doc's panic which is an indestructible bunker that can withstand a blast of a nuclear bomb. Connor arrives with his mother. Devil grabs Connor and gave him a gun.

"Women and children ONLY."

The trio leaves the bunker and begins to fend off all the marching a soldiers. They can feel that they are getting overwhelmed by numbers. Karl tells Connor to help Red and let them two to defend the bunker. Connor relunctantly leaves the duo and make his way to the defense wall. There, Wayne and some artillery men are firing at the planes and choppers.

"How can I help?"
"Goddamnit. I need men, not kid."
"But Karl told me to help you, Red."
"Fuck. Alright, listen up. I want you to bring all the backup ammunition here as fast as you can. INCOMING!"

A shell dropped directly on top of a big cannon where Wayne was stationed at. Red realizes it and went there to search for Wayne. As he unearth the destroyed building, eventually he found a lifeless Wayne with half of his face burned.

Meanwhile, at the bunker. Devil and Karl are killing all of the soldiers that were coming to them. But this time, five to six tanks are lining up to fire at the bunker.

"How the fuck are we going to destroy those tanks!?"

Out of nowhere, a sky-piercing roar coming from outside of the town and suddenly Baz leaps on top one of the tanks and begins to smash everything on his path.

"What took you so long!?"
"You're welcome."