The Slight Change

Start from the beginning

I narrowed my eyes at him in question and he thrust his phone in my face, showing me a picture of a billion college guys in my house smoking weed and drinking beer while the lights were throbbing. I knew it was mostly Chris. My brothers were men, successful men. Chris was just getting out of college.

I shook my head at him. Idiot. "Welcome." I simply said.

Connor looked upset but he shoved that away and became smart. "So did your brothers throw it? That's not like them to just have a bunch of people over like that."

"I had no idea." I said bluntly.

Connor got a little quiet and I felt I offended him with my attitude. I was mad, yes, so I didn't care too bad. "Is it true you're back with sleeping with Andy?" Connor asked, more quiet than before.

My hands covered my face with frustration. "No. It's not."

"Then why-"

"You tell me, Connor." I snapped. "You tell me. Or why don't you ask the people who's telling you all this bullshit."

"So you don't even care that these people are spreading rumors?"

"It doesn't affect me so I have nothing to worry about."

"You know it only makes guys more attracted to you." He added in.

I wanted to know how that was, because to me it didn't make much sense but instead I kept walking, adding in silence.

"Can I tell you why?" He pushed eventually.

I sighed. "Oh do tell me."

He threw an arm around me, suddenly friendly again and pulled me close. "Because they can't have you."

I, again, said nothing and instead wrapped my arm around his waist in a side hug. "Don't be mad at me, Connor."

"I'm not. You just worry me."

I let go of him and spotted Erin as she finished talking to a guy friend of hers, Ammon. She looked so hung over.

I laughed lightly. "Fun night?"

"Shut up." She said lazily.

"I think she's still wasted. Hey Erin, did you know that last night you tried to give me a lapdance?" Connor joke.

"Hey Connor," Erin mocked, "Did you know that last night you were blown by Marian Chesney?"

Connors face froze and he removed his arm from me to grab at Erin who only laughed. "Tell me the truth!" He demanded.

She shook her head and pulled me along behind her, "It is the truth." She called behind cynically.

"But she's gross." He whined and I held back the urge to ducttape his annoying and childish mouth shut.

"Guys! Oh my god, guys!" A girl named Theresa squealed, approaching us and I was finally feeling the dramatic highschool feeling, and it was so aggravating.

"What?" Connor asked her, making her clear her throat nervously and clench both hands together. Connor was the school's heartthrob. Well, one of them.

"I just got out of class with Mr. Grant..." She began and I felt something come over me that caused me to grasp all attention on Theresa. "He taught us today!"

The three of us stared at her blankly.

"I mean really taught us something, we learned! He answered our questions."

"That doesn't sound like Mr. Grant." Connor said.

"I know, he was just completely off. He seemed, well not relaxed, but he didn't seem as tense. He didn't even glare. He looked unhappy, but he didn't glare."