Chapter 17(1)-Waking up

Eliot's point of view-

Poor Sarah Grace!

She's been in a coma for about a month. When the people broke into our school, she was the innocent target. I've come by the hospital everyday, right after school. We found her knocked out on the floor next to the attendance office. Apparently, she was taking a note to one of the offices and the criminals had hit her on the back of the head. Fortunately, we got them on tape and are leaving it to the authorities to find them.

Sarah Grace's family has been tore up. Especially Braden. I haven't seen him smile in a month. He's been there every second he isn't at school.

Her whole family, me, Joshua, and Paul and Alyssa have been there constantly. I'm headed to the hospital right now, actually. I'm hoping this time she will be up, but I've been hoping that for weeks.

The doctors say that her head and brain went into a semi-trance and that she doesn't think time is going. That a day could equal a minute in her mind. There is a fact that scares me. What if she lost her memories? I know that everyone has been thinking that, but no one has said anything. The doctors couldn't guarantee that she would remember anything. What if she doesn't remember who I am? Or who her family is? Her family would be crushed if she couldn't remember. She means everything to them. Everything to me, too.

I pull into the parking lot of the hospital and head inside.

I've been here so many times the last couple of weeks the lady at the front desk just lets me in.

I walk into the waiting room to see a smiling Braden.

Did she wake up? Is she fine?

But, I decide not to get my hopes up.

"What happened to her?" I ask Braden. I see our regular group is all here, pretty happy.

"She awake!" Braden says, slapping me in a hug. "The doctors just have to do some stuff and then we can see her one at a time."

I sigh and sit in one of the chairs. "That's fantastic!"

The family sees her first. I can see from the waiting room all of them, one by one, going to see her. Her mom, dad, Braden, Ollie, and then Al. The smile she has tells me that she is doing fine. Paul goes next and then Alyssa. They leave when they finish talking with her. Joshua goes next and her eyes light up a little and then go back to normal. I must be honest and say that I'm a little bit jealous, but it's her decision. Her being in a coma didn't give her a chance to tell us who she picked. Braden comes back and sits down beside me.

"She's doing great and she only has to stay a night or two more," he says.

"That's great! I can't wait to see her," I tell him.

"Well, we are going to leave so my parents can finally get a good nights sleep. I'll see you tomorrow," he grins and he leaves, along with his family.

Joshua comes out and he doesn't seem as happy.

I hop up and head to the door and before Joshua leaves, he turns around to tell me something.

"She's ready to see you. Just, don't hurt her," he says.

I'm really confused. What is he talking about?

"I promise," I say, and with that, he's gone.

I walk into Sarah Grace's hospital room where I find her hooked up to all different types of machines.

"Hey," I say shyly, still a little taken back by what Joshua told me in the hallway. "How do you feel?"

"I feel fine. It's just a bit weird. When I woke up they said I had been in a coma for 5 weeks, but it just felt like 5 hours. The doctors said that of y'all had come everyday to see me. Is that true?" she asks.

I nod my head. "We all came everyday, all the time. I don't think Braden smiled in a month. Then, when I walked into the hospital, he was smiling so I knew there was good news. Everyone was smiling today."

"What happened?" she asks.

"Well, we went under lockdown. Two criminals, who the police are hunting down, broke into the school and knocked you out cold. Someone saw you and they called the ambulance. It was a pretty crazy day. They didn't hurt anyone else."

I hear her sigh but I continue.

"You were just an innocent victim that ruined their plan."

"I wasn't completely innocent. But that's beside the point," she says.

"Do you," I pause and get closer to her, standing right beside her bed. "Still have your memories?"

"Eliot, was everyone worried this whole time if I had my memories or not?"

"Yes, everyone was. The doctors couldn't assure us that you would have them."

"Well, I have them. All of them. I know that you and Joshua have had a ruff time when I was.... out, to say the least. But, did Braden tell you anything about that?" she asks.

I think back to the last month. Did Braden tell me anything about the relationship status?

"No," I tell her.

"Great," she sighs. "Well, the night before I got hurt, I figured out who it is. I want to tell you more, but the doctors will come here in a few minutes," she glances at the door and then continues. "I'll explain anything you want to know later."

I gulp.

Do I really want to hear this? What would I do if it isn't me? I know I would be crushed.

"Eliot, I chose you," she smiles.

I brake out in a grin. That's what Joshua meant. He knew that she chose me. He knew that and he was giving me a warning in his own little way.

"I'm glad," I tell her and I pick up her hand. She smiles at me.

"I want us to get together again," she tells me.

"Since when do you make the plans?" I laugh. "I'll get working on it. You tell me when you get out of the hospital."

"I have to spend the night and stay here till lunch tomorrow. We can go out tomorrow. It's Saturday right?"

"Yep, tomorrow is Saturday. You can explain everything then."

"I will," she says.

I kiss her forehead and then let go of her hand.

"I'll call you after lunch," I say and then I leave the hospital.

........

Authors Note: Another short chapter to get you off that cliffhanger! I think I might do this chapter again, but in Sarah Grace's point of view so you can find out what she told Joshua!

Eliace! Is that what the ship name should be? Comment some other ship name ideas!

Thanks for voting and commenting!

ily you guys! 💕 ~Emma