Chapter 1- All about me

"Sarah Grace! Sarah Grace! Time to get up." I here my mother yell up the stairs.

I open my eyes and see my bright, neon, green walls.

My room is my place to hangout. Well, isn't it that way for all teenagers? I have a simple four poster, black bed. Most of my accessories in my room are either blue or green. Even my sheets and comforter. I have a black desk that I do my homework on. I have a walk-in closet. And a bookshelf filled with only my favorites.

"I'm up mother!" I yell back down, stretching.

I grab my clothes and head to the bathroom.

Jeans and a t-shirt is basically what I wear all the time. The only time I don't is on Sunday.

I forget my sweatshirt and socks half way to the bathroom and turn back and get it.

When I finally get to the bathroom, I scare myself.

My hair is a rats nest! I grab a brush and put my red head in a ponytail. Even though I'm 15, I'm only 5'0. My mother says I have captivating, brown eyes but I don't see it. I don't blend with the crowd easily.

Everyone says that I'm drop dead gorgeous, but I really don't see that either. I've had a couple of guys ask me out but I've said no. Well actually if I'm not to lie, it has been like 20. I am allowed to date, it just feels wrong since I like another guy. And sadly he wasn't one of the 20.

I walk down the stairs when the smell of bacon, eggs, and toast hit me. My mother is cooking breakfast while my father is reading the paper.

My mother is gentle with all of us. She has her hair pulled back in a bun as usual. She is a stay at home mom. My father has brown hair, that seems to be getting lighter and lighter. He has rough, callused hands. He owns several franchise restaurants.

I remember the stories my dad used to tell me. About Little Red Riding Hood and the Boy Who Cried Wolf. He would always tell me the three little bears story. I remember climbing into bed with him and my mother when it was stormy outside and he would tell me a fairytale about Princesses.

I turn the corner and almost run into my older brother, Braden. He is only 16, but is almost 6 feet tall. Yep, he is our basketball player.

I put on my tennis shoes, pack my backpack, and pull on my jacket. I'm finally ready for breakfast!

I go sit beside my dad and Braden. My mother is beside Braden and the twins, Albert and Oliver.

Al and Ollie, as we call them, are both 9 and have brown hair. Well, all the guys have brown hair, and me and my mother have the red hair.

"Sarah Grace? Can you pass the salt?" Ollie asks.

"Sure." I say, handing him the salt.

Me and all my brothers are very close. Especially me and Braden, because we are close in age.

"Can you believe this Katelyn?" my father asks, handing my mom the paper.

They don't like to talk about what's going on in the news in front of us, so we are always confused. Which just makes us want to listen more.

"Look at the time!" Mother shouts.

"You don't want to be late for school so hurry up."

She comes around and kisses us and tells us that she loves us.

"I love you too, mother." I say back.

We get up from the table and give father a kiss, and head out the door.

When we are pulling out of the driveway, I look back at our house. It really is just a simple, beach house. Just like all Panama City houses look like. It is two stories- the top story with all the kids rooms, bathrooms of corse, and the bottom with our parents room, kitchen, living room, dining room, and an extra room with an office. We also have a play room upstairs. A storage shelter is all we have in our "basement." We have a garage on the outside too.

Braden can drive so he takes all of us to school. The Elementary, Middle, and High School are in different buildings, just across the street from each other.

We get out of Braden's truck and head for the double doors.

We walk Ollie and Al to their classrooms and give them kisses.

"Bye Al! Have a wonderful day!" I say giving him a hug. "Love you!"

"See you later Ollie! Love you!" I give Ollie a big hug. "Bye!"

Braden and I walk across the street and head up to our classes.

I give Braden a hug and tell him I love him and head for my first class. English. My favorite and longest period.