Chapter 3- The Guy

Eliot Tyler James.

He has sea green eyes, and that beach, shaggy dirty-blonde hair. He reminds me of Percy Jackson, my fictional crush.

He doesn't even know that I like him. That I think about him ALL the time. Alyssa is the only other person hat knows. I'm the only one that knows her crush, too. Paul is to much of a blabber mouth. Trust me, you don't want to go there.

He plays basketball and football with Paul. He plays guitar. He is in Braden's grade though. His dad is the principal of the school, too. He's actually comes to our house all the time, and of course, Braden tells him like a million embarrassing stories.

He told Eliot about the shows we used to put on when we were kids. He would play air guitar and I would sing outta pitch.

He told him about when we would run through the sprinklers on the last day of school, even though the ocean was right across the street.

He talked about when we were learning to surf on the Gulf. I would always fall off. But since we lived in Florida, I caught onto the waves fast.

Ever since then, I have had a love for the waves. The saltwater. The fresh, moist air. I sit out on the beach and read all the time.

I pick up the rest of my papers, clumsily,and thank everyone for helping me.

When I thank Eliot, I start to blush. I try to hide it, but I feel the heat.

He hands me the paper while saying, "I think you need to keep your book back zipped."

I laugh.

"Yeah," I smile. "I'll work on that."

He walks down the hallway and turns and waves.

"Bye, Sarah Grace!" He smiles.

"Bye, Eliot!" I say back.

I pinch myself. That is to good to be true.

I look at Alyssa, and she is just smiling.

We walk to History, hoping we won't get detention. Luckily, our History teacher is lenient.

History goes by in a flash and before I know it, I'm headed to Science.

Unfortunately, Alyssa has to leave me with Paul, again. I love Paul, but I want to talk to a girl. Paul wouldn't understand. Plus, I'm NOT going to tell him. Luckily, boys, especially Paul, are clueless and confused about love life. Lets hope it stays that way.

Science has always been a little confusing to me. I'm not a very science person. If it were up to me, I would read and write all day.

After a long period of science, the ninth and tenth graders have lunch. The eleventh and twelfth have theirs next. Paul, Alyssa, Braden, and I always sit together. Some of Braden's friends sometimes join us.

People are always asking why Braden and I are so close. Or how we became so close. I answer that we are close in age and have similar personalities and hobbies.

Today, Braden and Eliot join us.

We grab our food, take a seat, and say the blessing.

Somehow I end up with Braden across from me, Paul and Eliot beside me, and Alyssa the farthest and diagonal from me.

"So I heard you spilt your school stuff everywhere in the school today." Braden says, obviously enjoying this moment.

"And how would you know this?" I ask.

"Please," his smile gets bigger. "It's all anyone can talk about."

I blush. Does everyone really know?

He lets that sink in.

"I'm just joking. " Braden laughs. "Take a little sarcasm. Eliot told me about it."

I look over at Eliot, who is smiling.

Could he really be talking about me? Was he thinking about me?

I push those thought aside. I can't let hope and reality come together.