Chapter 15- The hardest of them all

Chapter 15-

I have the same dream I've been having for the last couple of days.

The dream about my future husband, kid, and me.

The face is still blurred out, but the hair is becoming clearer. It looks dark, but not to dark. I can't even tell. What if the guy isn't Eliot or Joshua? What in the world will I do then? What are the possibilities that it's even one of them?

Then, the dream changes a bit.

I start to see dates around the edges. Except, I've seen these dates before.

The ones from the book.

And I thought I could forget that. Well, I was wrong.

I just wish I could wrack my brain around it. Figure something out. Anything.

I can't figure the book out, math, and I can't even figure my own life out!

I'm shook awake from my dream by my mother.

"Good morning!" she says. "Do you think you can go to school?"

I stare at her questionably.

"Why wouldn't I be-" I sit up and look down at my ankle and the events of last night flash through my head. The sand spur, my ankle twisting, and Eliot carrying me.

"Oh, right." I nod at my mother. "I think I can probably make it. Sleep really helped me."

"Great!" she smiles and kisses the top of my head. "Any specific clothes you want to wear?"

"Not really. But thanks mom."

She walks away to get me clothes from my room.

I grab the remote and turn on the tv. The news pops up, no surprise there, and I just leave it there.

"We had another catastrophe in Arizona yesterday. A school was broken into yesterday afternoon, but we have no clue who did it. Fortunately, no one was killed like the last time in Missouri. Most of the students had already left school and it didn't look like they took anything. This is not the first time it's happened. The strange thing is that nothing has been taken. It's like the culprit of multiple break-ins have been to scare people. This is Ellie Fisher, reporting live."

I turn off the tv because that's as much as I can take with the news.

I don't see how my dad can like to watch the news.

My mom comes and hands me some fresh clothes.

"Here, you can change in the bathroom. I don't want you to have to walk up the stairs." she says, pointing to the bathroom.

I slide my legs off the side of the couch and stand up.

It's really achey and sore, but I can at least stand up. And I call that an accomplishment.

I take a step on my right leg. Good.

Left.

Not so good.

I wobble for a split second, thinking I'm going to fall again, and then I get my balance.

Yes! I can walk. Maybe a little slow, but I can walk.

I sorta 'hobble' to the bathroom.

I see my mom has picked out black skinny jeans, this white and red heart shirt, and red flats. It is harder to wear flats when you have an ankle brace on, though. My mom has style, if I do say so myself.

I quickly splash some water on my face and wash my hands. I don't look too ruff. My hair looks decent, even though I didn't take a shower this morning. I'll just take one this afternoon. My hairs a little wavy, so, I just put it in a braid that flows down my back.