seventeen

finally, after what seems like forever. we weren't awkward after a kiss. normally we would be running into our own room, hiding inside there for a few minutes. but today, we were chill with it. it was as if we were dating. but the thing is we were not. and i was confused about our relationship. 

what am i to him?

i went inside my room after taking a shower. well, at least that is what i believe. i was too tired. i was about to fall asleep when i heard someone entering the room. since there was only the two of us, i knew it was jimin. 

"jimin-ah. you should go sleep now, you know?" i muffled into the pillow. "excuse me princess. you're in my room." i jolted up immediately and looked around the room. right. i blushed and slowly stood up from his bed. "s-sorry. i was too tired." 

i was about to leave the room when he pushed me back down on his bed. my eyes widened at his actions. as my face became hotter. 

he tucked himself next to me. and wrapped his arms around my waist. "jimin, what are you doing?" i looked away from him. he sure knows how to make my heart pound. "i'm tired and you're tired. let's just sleep together today." he said, placing his head at the crook of my neck.

my body tensed at his actions. i began to feel nervous. "o-okay." i replied. then he pulled away from me, turning me to him. only for him to break into his sweet smile. then he pecked my nose. which made me blush madly. 

then his grip around my waist tightened. and as an instinct, i scooted closer to him. it wasn't my first time cuddling with jimin. but it always felt better whenever we cuddle. 

then there was a silence. i indicated that he was already fast asleep. so i drew small circles on his chest gently. i didn't know what to do. i wasn't tired now. he had made me awake. 

"what are you doing?" he suddenly spoke, making me stop my actions. "did i wake you up?" i asked, looking up at him. he shook his head. "no. i was staring at you this whole time." he said, making me blush. i nodded awkwardly. 

then i resumed drawing small circles on his chest. in return, he started caressing my hair. "i really love your hair." he complimented. i giggled in response. "i'm glad i brought you there. don't we look like couples now?" he asked. i froze at his words. 

"do you think we look like a couple?" i asked curiously. he nodded, smiling widely. which made my heart beat faster. "why do you think so?" "well, because of our hair colour. i guess." he replied. and i was kind of disappointed. 

"is that all?" i asked, trying my best not to frown. he just nodded. right. all those affections were only for me to feel better. of course. 

"why?" he asked. i shook my head. then he lifted my chin, making me look at him. but i avoided his eyes. "hey.. what's wrong? did i say something wrong?" he asked. 'well yeah, you did.' i thought. but i shook my head instead. 

then there was a silence again. until i broke the silence. "jimin. can you give me some honest answers now?" i asked. and he nodded. i have to clear all misunderstandings today. i have to know his true feelings for me.

"what am i to you?" i asked. but regretted right away. my heart beat was becoming louder as seconds passed. my hands were becoming sweaty. i was nervous. i was scared of rejection.

then he smiled. "you're my everything." and just with that three words, i felt relieved. but i still can't help but still feel burden on my shoulders. 

"what do you think of me?" i asked. 

"you're just like a butterfly." and i was confused by his answer. "because i feel like if i was to touch you. you would fly away. because you're so fragile and scared. which is why i have been keeping some things to myself. i didn't want you to leave me." he explained.