fourteen

"hey! good morning!" jimin greeted me with a warm smile. i smiled back and sat at the dining table. "breakfast's almost ready." he said and i nodded.

when he set the food on the table, i was excited. his cooking was the best. well at least the best i have tasted through my entire life.

"i've made pancakes and scrambled eggs today." he smiled, cutting a piece of the pancake then feeding it to me. which made me blush even though it was a small gesture.

"but it seems like you have made more things?" i said, looking behind him. except the foods were all packed in lunch boxes. "well yeah. i said i'm bringing you out today right?" i nodded.

"guess where we're going?" he smiled, which made my heart flutter. "erm.. food feast?" i answered awkwardly. "you seriously have no idea?" he asked, shocked. "we're going on a picnic date!" he exclaimed.

but what caught my attention was the word 'date'. "d-date?" i stuttered, blushing madly. "i said that?" jimin blushed, covering his mouth. well, now the both of us are as red as tomatoes.

"w-well.. if that's what you want.. i'm fine with it. i guess." i mumbled. jimin looked at me happily. "really?" he asked cutely. god.. why is he so cute?

"mhm." i hummed in response. "so.. will you go on a picnic date with me?" he asked confidently. which almost made me choke on my food. i nodded while trying not to smile.

"yay!" he celebrated with a small victory dance whenever i say 'yes'. "okay! get dressed up. we're going out soon." he said, quickly packing up the lunch boxes inside a bag. while i got dressed.

i looked inside my wardrobe and found out how empty it was. i literally have nothing to wear. god. i need to go shopping some time sooner.

i timidly walked out of my room and knocked on jimin's door. he instantly open the door, revealing him half-naked. i blushed at the sight in front of me.

"may i help you?" he asked innocently. though he looks innocent, his body says otherwise. "e-er.. you can h-help me by wearing a s-shirt first.." i said, pointing at his body.

he looked down and slammed the door in my face. after a few seconds he opened the door. "pretend that never happened." oh my god. how can i pretend when your body is so goddamn- ugh.

i licked my lips nervously. then i looked at the shirt he was wearing. he was wearing something really casual. just a sweater with blue ripped jeans.

"erm.. do you mind lending me a sweater? i have nothing to wear." i scratched the back of my head awkwardly. "erm.. i'm afraid my sweater's too big for you though." i bit my lower lip unknowingly. what do i wear then?

"jihye-ah.." he called out, leaning closer to me. i felt my heart beating faster. "y-yes?" i stuttered. "if you continue doing that to your lips, i may not be able to control myself." he said, eyeing my lips.

"d-do what?" i asked confusedly. "do you not know, or are you just testing me?" he asked with a smirk. but i really don't know? "err.. i don't know and i don't really want to know." with that, i pushed him away slightly. not wanting him to hear my heart that's beating really fast.

"wait here." he said and went inside his room. taking something from his wardrobe, i guess. "here." he passed me a black and white sweater that was matching with his white and blue sweater.

"thanks." i politely took the sweater from him and got changed in my room.

"where are we going?" i shouted from my room, preparing to bring my camera with me. "somewhere beautiful. bring your camera if you want." he replied. alright. i already have my camera out.

soon, we were both ready. then we headed out to somewhere.

then, we arrived at a secluded area. there were only 3 or 4 people there from what i have seen. but hey on the bright side. it was really beautiful here.

i closed one side of my eyes and lifted my camera to my eye level. then i took a snap of the surroundings. this place was something. i have to take a picture of it.

"beautiful right?" he asked and i nodded. then we walked under the shade. before i could sit down, jimin interrupted me. "wait! let me lay out the mat first." he said, taking out a mat from the bag, then laying it down.

then we both sat down. while jimin was unpacking the lunch boxes, i looked around in awe. then a nut dropped from the tree. i looked up immediately and saw a cute squirrel. i quickly took a snap of it.

"here." he said and i looked at him confused. but what caught me off-guard was when he placed a fruit near my mouth. i opened my mouth and ate it. "what's that?" i asked. "blueberry." he replied.

then there was a beautiful silence. where the birds were chirping. you can hear the rustling from the tree whenever there was wind. nature were calling.

but it was all interrupted by a snap. i broke away from my thoughts and looked at jimin confusedly. "what did you do?" i frowned. he shrugged his shoulders and continued taking pictures of me.

"yah! stop it!" i laughed, covering my face. "why?" he pouted, which made me feel butterflies in my stomach. "ahh! i'm ugly. stop it." i said, looking away from him.

he let out a loud sigh. "look at this. you're not ugly alright?" he said, showing me the picture. then i zoomed in to my scars. "see this? i'm ugly!" i pointed at the scar.

"yah! i can barely even see it in real life." he raised his voice. i was taken aback. but then relaxed when he rubbed my back. "look. you're probably the most beautiful girl i've ever seen okay? after my mother. and after halmeoni." he said.

i smiled at his words. i loved how he loved the two elderlies. people like him are so precious.

"but i'm not beautiful. if anything, you're more beautiful than me." i mumbled. he shook his head. then he stared poking my sides. i flinched. i was sensitive for things like this.

"y-yah! stop!" i laughed, moving away from him. but he kept getting closer to me, each time i moved. "nope! not until you agree with me that you're beautiful." he smiled sheepishly.

"wouldn't that be thick-skinned?" i said in between laughters. "true. but i don't care!" with that, he kept tickling me. "okay okay fine!" i gave up. then he stopped. "finally." he smiled, planting a kiss on my nose. which i thought was very unnecessary. but it's werid because i want more.

then he yawned. i looked at him, raising a brow. "sorry. i could barely sleep last night. i was excited." he explained and i nodded.

"i could barely sleep too." i admitted. "why? were you excited?" he gave me a pedophile look. i rolled my eyes jokingly. "no." i said honestly. "i was thinking of something."

"what is it?" he asked. "i was curious about how you knew that girl." i replied. "what girl?"

"oh you know. lee hyerin. the girl from the art room." i looked at jimin to see him, completely frozen. "you still here with me?" i snapped my finger in front of his face.

"h-huh?" "how did you know lee hyerin?" i asked again. "oh.. she's my ex.." he mumbled. oh of course. hyerin wasn't a girl with the best attitude, but she had the looks.

"but that was the past! i don't care about her now." he quickly said. i just nodded. "you're not mad about that right?" he asked. i shook my head. i don't have the rights to be mad. even though a part of me do feel uncomfortable. it was like being envious of her.

"anyways, let us not talk about that." he said and i nodded.

"let's concentrate on us, and us only." he smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------