nineteen

it has been a week ever since jimin and i confessed to each other. and after a long time, i have finally feel happiness and affection. i could barely find a time where i was dwelling about life. everything was magical to me.

since it was a public holiday today. we didn't have work. i had a plan on staying home the whole day today. until jimin decided to bring me out.

of course i said no. but i just couldn't resist his cuteness. i always find myself giving in to him.

so here we are, in the middle of the streets. walking around like lost sheeps. "yah. where are we going?" i asked with a tint of annoyance in my tone. he smiled cutely. "tired already?" he asked and i nodded.

then he walked next to me. i looked at him in confusion. i was about to question him. when he held onto my hands, intertwining our fingers. i blushed at his actions. which made him smirk.

"do you feel more awake now?" he asked with an innocent look on his face. i rolled my eyes playfully. "no shit." i mumbled. "honestly do you even know where you're bringing me?"

he shook his head. my jaw dropped. so we're just walking around the neighbourhood with no reasons. i sent him a glare, when he gave me puppy eyes.

"can we like sit down? i'm tired." i groaned. he laughed and nodded. "let's go over there." he said, pointing to our right.

turns out, it was a playground. filled with children running around, with their parents standing by the side. some parents were by their children, playing along with them.

i let out a sigh. why didn't my parents treat me like this? well, let's just hope when they come out from prison. they would finally change. "hey. i'll go buy some ice cream." jimin said and i nodded.

then my attention adverted to a girl, swinging alone. unknowingly, i made my way to her. then i sat on the empty swing which was next to her. "what's wrong?"

the little girl looked up at me. i saw how her eyes were red and puffy. "why are you crying?" i asked, wiping her tears away. "my parents.. left me." she said in between sobs. i couldn't help but to relate to her. but at the same time, the sight in front of me, made my heart broke.

"as in like they left you her-" "no. they left me.. they didn't want me anymore." with that, she started crying louder. i panicked for a moment, not knowing what to do. then i hugged her.

which made her stop crying instantly. then she pulled away from the hug, looking up at me. "s-sorry." i apologized, pulling away from her. only for her to hug me tighter. i broke into a small smile.

then i started patting her head gently. "you're so warm." she mumbled. i smiled. "unnie, what's your name?" she asked. "kim jihye." she nodded.

"i'm lee soobin. i'm 5 years old this year." she introduced herself. "unnie's 18 this year." "unnie is so young." i giggled, nodding. "kind of."

"is unnie here alone?" she asked. i shook my head. "i'm here with my fr-" speaking of the devil, jimin ran towards us. "hello!" he said cheerfully. then soobin hid behind me, scared.

jimin pouted. and i let out a laugh. "soobin-ah. this is my friend, park jimin." i introduced her to jimin. jimin walked closer to her, reaching out his hand for a hi-five. "hello~" he smiled widely.