five

a few days have passed by, ever since jimin asked me that question. i looked at pictures of me and yoongi, while sitting down on the stool, by the counter.

i caressed the screen with my thumb. fighting to hold back my tears. it was a picture of yoongi kissing my forehead, his eyes closed. i sighed heavily, as i went on to delete the picture.

what is holding me back from this relationship? we both know that it isn't working out anymore.

the bell rang, signalling that someone had entered the store. since i wasn't even the mood, i ignored the customer. even though it was rude. i just wanted to be left alone for now.

after a few minutes, the customer came to the counter. "excuse me." a familiar voice said. i wanted jimin to serve him, but i realized jimin wasn't here at the moment. neither was halmeoni. i sighed, knowing that i have no other choice, but to interact with the customer.

"yes? maybe i help- y-yoongi.." i stuttered upon looking at the male in front of me. he rolled his eyes. "so you got yourself a job?" he scoffed. "i bet you don't learn much from here. it looks boring and useless." he continued criticising. i held my breath in, keeping my cool.

i slyly took the book from his hand and scanned it. "if it's boring, why would you be here then." i mumbled quietly. "sorry. did you just talk back to me? your boyfriend?" he started raising his voice. luckily, there was no one in the store. on the bad side is, no one would be able to help me if i needed help.

"n-no." i lied and kept the book inside a plastic bag. i heard him let out a low chuckle, before grabbing my collar. "you better repeat what you just said just now. or else." he raised his hands, able to slap me.

i closed my eyes shut, ready for the impact. just then,  someone entered. it was halmeoni. i gave her a small smile, trying to tell her that i was fine. even if i'm not. he quickly let go of my collar and cleared his throat. "be quick." he said, glaring at me.

i quickly gave him the book he ordered. which was about song writing. yeah. that was the main reason why he would come to book stores. also another reason why i wanted to work at a book store. it was all because of him. but i didn't know that he would come here.

he grabbed my hand, making my eyes widened. "y-yoongi. what are y-you doing?" i stuttered at his firm grip. "i need you to come with me." he said and pulled me out of the store. halmeoni was confused as of what was happening. when i mouthed her a 'help me'.

here i am, at the dark alley. alone with yoongi. if i said i wasn't scared, i would be lying. there's so many things he can to do me right now. for example, getting that empty alcohol bottle by the dustbin, and hitting it on my head.

he pinned me against the wall, making me groan lowly in pain. "did i say you can let out any noises? kitten." i cringed at his nickname. "anyways. i wasn't done with you that day. until your prince charming came." then he lifted my chin up, making me look at him in the eyes.

"tell me. are you starting to like him better than me now?" he asked. of course i liked jimin better. and i'm not even gonna lie. because even if i lied, i would still get beaten up.

"answer me!" he raised his voice, making my pupils shake. "y-yeah." i looked away from him. he gave me a slap. "just because i'm treating you like shit, doesn't mean you get to like other boys. get it?" he placed both his hands on my neck.

"but if you're allowed to cheat on me. why can't i do the same?!" i asked, only having his hands tighten around my neck, making me suffocate. "because that's not how it works, princess." he spat on my face, making me disgusted.

"that's not how it works too." i managed to voice out. "oh wow. have hanging out with jimin make you gain your confidence?" he let go of me. i glared at him as he walked around me. then he took the empty alcohol bottle. i knew this would come.