Original Edition - Tip 12: Block Annoying People

Start from the beginning

"You don't want it." I state simply, my voice hushed so low that I can almost not hear my own voice.

He never wanted it. I know that. I see it in his eyes whenever he tries to please his father. You see, a lot of rich boys would do everything to piss their dads off because of a rocky relationship. But not James. No, he loves his dad too much to ever do that. Too much to admit to him that he doesn't want to be the heir to the company, too much to ever let him down.

He laughs, a sad laugh though. "Only you De la Cruz, only you." he says, shaking his head.

We continue our walk until we finally reach my house. I shoot him a little smile and take a step on my driveway, but he pulls me back. "Thanks, you know, for tutoring me.

Woah. Jameson Bryer thanking someone? This must be a dream...or a parallel universe.

"I'd have thought you were being serious for once if you hadn't blackmailed me into doing this." I retort.

"If you want to back out, I could always go to my buddy Holden and-"

And...he's back again. The old, blackmailing James that I hate, dislike and despise.

I interrupt him, "Nope, no, no I'm not backing out!"

The idiot flicks my forehead and I slap his hand before I run to my front doorstep and jab the key into the key hole. "Bye loser!" I yell back at him.

I enter the house to see a pink tutu wearing child running in the hallway with a fairy wand. So...I guess my cousins are here now. My four year old cousin screams as she runs around a post and makes a beeline to my position.

"Hello Elsa! How are you?" I ask as I tickle her. She squirms, laughing.

"I'm going to see Frozen!" she says, a hand on her hip. Maya loves Frozen, like most little kids now-a-days. Therefore, I've renamed her Elsa.

My Ninang (Godmother) Kath comes from the kitchen. "Maya, did you tell Ate Lara that you're going to Disney On Ice?"

"Woah! You're seeing Frozen on ice?" I say to Maya.

"Yup!" she responds excitedly.

"Where's Maggie?" I question Maya. Maggie is her little, newborn sister. She gestures for me to follow her and we make our way to the living room where the baby lays in her car-seat. Of course, I can't see her since a blanket is draped over it since she's probably sleeping.

Maya doesn't seem to care as she hastily pulls the blanket off of the car seat, revealing a wide-eyed Maggie. "Well congratulations, Maggie's awake!" Maya announces, almost sounding sarcastic. Does a four-year-old even know what sarcasm is?

I mean, it's never too early to learn!

In an instant, Maggie starts wailing so loudly that Maya covers her ears and rushes upstairs. Oh gosh, she's going to unleash a tornado in my bedroom. I just know it.

I have no idea where Ninang Kath is, but I think I have been left alone with a baby that's barely a month old and is crying louder than Carol after a breakup. Sadly, I can't control this situation by bribing the baby with a tub of ice cream.

"Ninang Kath! Where's the bottle?" I scream.

"I just fed her!" she yells back in response. Well then. That's just lovely.

"Shh...Maggie stop crying!" I plead as I take her out of the car-seat and rock her in my arms. There are eight other people in this house right now, including my Ninang and Maya, so why am I the one with the baby?

I decide to try calming her down by singing. I rock her in my arms as I let my voice take over the air around us.

"Look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collection's complete? Wouldn't you think I'm a girl, a girl who has everything?"