***

Selena's Point of View

Zayn and I hade made it out into the hallway as he walked behind me and we made our way out of that building. "You have some nerve don't you?" I said to him as I pushed the doors open.
-
"What?" He defended himself. "Maybe this will help my grade." He shrugged his shoulders innocently.
-
"Mhm." I hum walking down the stairs of the building. "Where should we go to work on this project?" I suggest.
-
"I know a place." He says. "Come on." He grabs my hand and we walk off to wherever he has planned.
-
We walk towards the library, and he pulls on the door handle and I walk inside. I look around the place is quiet, I am afraid that if I talk I will turn heads of everyone here. It is so quiet that I can hear my own thoughts. "The library?" I whisper over to him.
-
"Yeah, but specifically. These rooms." He says as he pulls on my hand we walk around the corner, and I spot a rooms with doors. "They're called quiet rooms." He says.
-
He looks around to find an empty one. He pulls on the doorknob when he finds one and he motions me to walk inside. I do so and its nothing but a room with a counter for a table and two chairs, and plug outlet to charge phone and such. As I set my stuff down, he clicks the door shut and locks it. I am lifted off of my feet nearly and spun around to face him, he smashes his lips into mine. "You know the quiet room is not going to be so quiet if you don't stop." I warn him.
-
"They're sound proof." He says.
-
"Lucky you." I squint my eyes.
-
"Whoever thought of these quiet rooms was a genius." He says. "They're meant for studying but I can certainly think of other things to do in here." He says with a smirk.
-
"Don't get ahead of yourself." I pat on his chest, and turn around and reach for my notebook and pen inside my bag. "Studying is exactly what we're going to do." I tell him and take a seat in one of the chairs.
-
He sighs and takes a seat next to me. "Fine, you win this time." He says pointing at me as he reaches into his pocket jacket and pulls out a pen and his folded notebook.
-
I smile. "We have to finish our likes and dislikes for our paragraphs." I look over my paper where I began writing things but never finished.
-
He kneads his brows confused. "Didn't you already have them written down?" He says pointing at my notebook.
-
I look over at my notebook and take it in my fingertips. "I mean I have them written down, I just don't have them in paragraph form." I admit.
-
"Let's get on with this, I don't want this taking up the rest of our day." He says. "Plus, I want to get a good grade." He admitted.
-
My eyes widen. "Look at you." I nudge his arm.
-
"What is it weird to you that I actually want to do well?" He raises question.
-
"You never really cared till professor McKinley said something." I tell him.
-
"Yeah but when he said, he put us together with the intent that I'd do well, and I just feel like I owe you my part as much as you owe me mine." He admits. "For once it's nice to see that others believe in you." He says.
-
"That can't be true." I say. "I'm sure your mom believes in you." I bring up.
-
"Yeah but she's my mum." He says. "She kind of has too." He says. " But I mean a male figure." He says. "My father was hardly there half my life, and when he was, he'd just shout at me almost all the time." He says. "I could never live up to his expectations of me." He says.
-
For once Zayn opened up, and it wasn't because I had encouraged him to. If he wanted to let me know about his rocky relationship with his father, he was going to open up about it when he wanted to. This was it, this was the time and I planned to listen with caution and be attentive to every detail. "Is that why you would rather not pick up when he calls?" I add rather careful.
-
"That and I just feel like he's wasting his time." He says. "You had all these years when you and my mother were together and we lived together as a "family" but you wasted that time drinking and being out most of the time. Now ten years later he just wants me to magically out of the fucking blue to forgive him?" He explains. "It doesn't work that way." He nodded his head sideways. "It wasn't until after he put me into this place, that he told me he had the perfect little family out in the states." He says.