Chapter Twenty Three

A few days had passed, and we were finally ready to head back to Korea.
News about the incident didn't really get around, they reported that Jimin got hurt and was okay, but the details didn't get out and everyone was happy about that.

I was so relieved that I was going to leave all the bad memories behind me, but I was so upset that I was giving up my Olympic dream for now, and my horse.

My coach was very understanding of my situation but I told them that I could possibly continue lifting in Korea, but I wasn't sure.

Saying goodbye to Denali was the hardest part though. I really wished I could take her with me but she had to stay.
Jimin came with me to see her one last time before we'd have to leave the next day.
"You okay?" Jimin asked as I was driving to the barn.

"I'm okay...just, a little sad that I have to leave her. I love her..."

"I know baby...I know..." he said and reached for my hand and held it for the rest of the ride.

At the barn, I saw Mrs. Bell and said goodbye to her which was also another hard part, then went to Denali and just cuddled her for a while until I said my final goodbyes then had to get back to get ready for Korea.

"I'm gonna miss you honey, but you'll do great in Korea, no matter what. This man really seems to love you so be good to him, he'll be good to you." Mrs. Bell advised then gave me a warm hug.

"Thank you Mrs. Bell. I love you." I said then we finally took off.

Some tears came down my cheeks as I was leaving and looking back at the barn and at Mrs. Bell waving at me, but I knew Denali would be okay in her hands and I was excited to start my new life in Korea. It was definitely time for a change.

When we got back home, I headed up to my room alone to start packing all my stuff for the next day's trip. I put some music on so I could get lost in my thoughts and forget about earlier for now.

I brought out my big suitcase from the closet and started to neatly put everything in.
As I was doing this, Jimin came in my room to check up on me.
"You need any help, love?" He asked as he was approaching me.

"I'm fine...are the boys okay?"

"They're fine...but...if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're avoiding me." He said so I turned and frowned.

"How am I avoiding you?"

"You're not the same..."

"Really Jimin? Out of all people, I thought you'd understand. I'm also trying to give you space, after all you went through."

"Baby..." he started then sat me down on the bed, "I don't need space, I need you. I've already moved on from what happened and I know that it may be harder for you but...you know you can trust me. I'd never hurt you, I will always be by your side okay? I love you so much, don't forget that."
Jimin was just perfect, I didn't know why I'd act like a bitch to him at times but he was right, I wasn't the same at all.

"Jimin...I'm just afraid..."

"Of what? What are you afraid of?"

"I'm afraid of being touched again...I'm afraid of..having sex again...I know he didn't do it but...I'm just scared." I confessed.
Jimin wrapped his arms around my shoulder and kissed my temple then cupped one of my cheeks.

"It's okay baby, I'll wait for as long as you need..."

"But it's not fair to you..."

"I don't care about that Regina. I love you more than I love sex. Of course, I'll have my urges but I can hold them in. For you, I'd do anything, I'd give up anything."
I sent him a grin then scooted closer to him and laced my arms around him.