11: The Truth

Ch. 11

 11

Ephesians 5:11 said "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them

Ephesians 5:11 said "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them." Basically, what's done in the dark will come to the light. Don't participate in evil doings, simply put them to a stop. It's easier said than done. Evil lurks around every corner. You may never be faced with it head on, but it'll still effect you. Not everyone has the courage to be a hero & make the bad stop. Does it make you a sinner if you standby & watch something bad happen to someone & don't help? Are you just as much a sinner as the person committing the act?
-Z.D.

I posted that to my blog then shut my laptop yelling out, "Are you ready?! It's time to go!" I was at Sahara's apartment waiting for her to be ready for this double date. I put my laptop onto her coffee table then stood up from the couch pulling my dress down. I was ready to go, but Sahara was taking her sweet good ol' time. I bet money it's because she's doing her makeup. I slipped my feet into my Nine West sandals that went perfectly with my dress. I looked down at my toes painted with white nail polish that matched my finger nails then made sure my feet weren't ashy. I always chose a color that would stand out against my dark chocolate skin. I was going to take advantage of this warm weather because soon it would be the season of fall.

When I didn't get a response from Sahara I went up to her bathroom door knocking. A few seconds later the door is slowly swinging open, but she's not behind it. I step in to see her inside her closet that's connected kneeled down tying the laces on a pair of Jordan 11's. "As long as you took I thought you were putting your best shit on. You're not gonna dress up?" I ask.

Tying the other shoe she says, "What for? I don't know this nigga. Why waste an outfit on a stranger?"

"You don't want to make a good first impression?" I ask as she stands up straight. I was stretching it with the word first. It for sure wasn't their first time meeting and I'm sure it won't be the last.

She sighs as if annoyed with me saying, "I don't really care. You know I'm only coming because you said you'll make a wig for me. I'm not interested no matter who it is. I kinda like Markel," she says shrugging taking me by surprise.