Chapter Nineteen: Just A Dream

Start from the beginning

Wasabi poked his head into the room almost hesitantly. "Everything alright in here?" he asked as he opened the door all the way and stepped into the room. "I heard screaming."

With a bit of an effort, Hiro sat up, supporting himself with his arms to keep from falling back against the bedding. His dreams seemed to have left his body with no strength. Maybe his blood sugar levels were low again. Anything was possible. Either way, Baymax wasn't saying anything to suggest a cause one way or another. "We're good," he said in a slightly out of breath voice. "Just a bad dream." Then he realized Wasabi wasn't alone. "What's up?"

Worf followed Wasabi into the room, looking just as gruff as usual. "We would like to borrow your robot," he announced without preamble.

That announcement brought Hiro up with a jolt, his body going stiff all over. "What? Why? Did something happen?"

Rolling his eyes a little, Wasabi gave the Klingon a look. This wasn't good for his friend, especially given recent events. "What he means to say is we need Baymax. Q's gone missing and we need to find him before he gets into trouble."

That got Hiro out of bed faster than anything else could. "What?! How did that happen?" He had to reach out to Baymax for support as the blood rushed through his body. At least that's what he told himself had happened. He glanced briefly at the clock on the nightstand. It was a little after nine in the morning. He groaned, realizing he'd definitely not gotten anywhere near enough sleep.

"Q somehow escaped while I was sleeping," Worf informed in a rather grumpy-sounding voice. "Captain Picard requests we find him as soon as possible."

Hiro glanced at Baymax's face, still a bit unsteady on his feet, though he managed to regain his balance and moved his hand away from the vinyl support. "Think you can find him, buddy?"

Baymax straightened from his slight crouching position as Hiro managed to stand upright on his own. "Of course," he replied. "With my super sensor, it should not be difficult."

"Okay," Hiro responded. "Let's go suit up."

But Baymax put out a restraining hand to keep Hiro from accessing the rest of the room. "Before we organize a search, I strongly advise you eat something. It has been over twelve hours since you last ingested any nourishment."

The less than subtle hint was not lost on the boy genius and he let out a groan. At least he wasn't announcing to the world just how far gone he really was. "Really? Is that necessary? We gotta find this guy before he does something we'll all regret." Finding Q was more of a priority. Who knew what kind of trouble he could case?

Sensing that his leader would be more than stubborn, Wasabi stepped forward. "Why don't you go ahead and get suited up and I'll go grab you something from the kitchen," he suggested. That way Hiro could feel productive and they could make sure he ate something. Baymax's hint was not lost on him, though he hoped it was on Worf. It would be like Baymax to say what needed to be said without letting those who weren't supposed to know about it yet know. At least he was learning how to do that, though the execution still needed a little work. "Just don't leave until I get up there. Waiting a few minutes longer to eat something won't hurt you. That and I'm going with you."

Worf allowed his body to fill the doorway. He wasn't sure what was going on but sensed things were not quite as simple as they appeared."I would also like to go with you. There is safety in numbers. Besides, with additional help, it is more likely our mission will succeed quickly."

Hiro's whole body seemed to slump at that announcement. "Come on, guys! We can't all go!" Then an idea struck him. Maybe they didn't all need to fly with him. That would only slow them down. Not to mention, there wouldn't be enough room to bring Q back without problems if they all did fly. "Wouldn't it be better to have you do ground support?" he glanced at Wasabi. "Besides, we'll have to fly pretty high to get a good perch to scan the whole city. Won't we, Baymax?"