FOR ONLY ALLAH

Hazrat Junaid Baghdadi (Rahmatullah ’alaih) then said : “…So he is at every moment attached to Allah. He is for Allah and Allah alone; He is with Allah alone.”

Soaring in sublime and lofty realms of Divine Love, the state of being of the Aashiq of Allah is such, that ‘his eating, drinking, sleeping, waking and, in short, all his actions are for the pleasure of Allah.’ In everything that he does, he earns the pleasure of Allah because everything is in conformity with the pleasure of Allah.

His obedience is for the pleasure of Allah and his abstinence from Haraam is for the pleasure of Allah. Such a person has within his heart the gardens of Jannat.

In Surah Rahmaan, Allah Ta’ala speaks of two gardens which He will give to those who love, fear and obey Him.

“BUT FOR HIM WHO FEARS THE STANDING BEFORE HIS
LORD, THERE WILL BE TWO GARDENS.”
[SURAH RAHMAAN 55 : 46]

Allama Aloosi (Rahmatullah ’alaih) mentions in his Tafseer, Ruhul Ma’aani, that one Jannat is given in this world. The person experiences Allah Ta’ala’s Qurb (closeness)
perpetually. When Allah, who is ‘Quddus’ (Pure), ‘Wadud’ (The Loving), Hayy (Everliving), ‘Noor’ (Light), the Most Beautiful, grants His special attention to such a heart, one can imagine the condition of that heart.

And when that same Allah who has placed the sweetness into sugar cane, becomes the Friend of the person with such a heart, then one can imagine the kind of sweetness which will be savoured by that heart.

The condition of those who enjoy such a special connection to Allah Ta’ala is akin to what Maulana Jalaluddeen Rumi (Rahmatullah ‘alaih) had disclosed. He mentions in his Mathnavi Sharif : “When the fragrance (i.e. the nearness) of my Beloved Allah comes into my heart, then the languages of the world fail to describe this.”

Thus, one Jannat immediately. Such a person finds it easier to stay away from sin than indulge in it, because he has tasted the absolute sweetness of Imaan.

My Sheikh, Hazrat Maulana Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Saheb (Daamat Barakaatuhum) has mentioned in some lines of poetry :

“ O Meer, I do acknowledge and I do know
That Jannat is far, far away;
But for the Aarif (Recognizer) of Allah,
He has within his heart,
The Khaliq (Creator) of Jannat.”

In a Hadith-e-Qudsi, Allah Ta’ala says : “Heavens and earth cannot contain Me. But into the heart of a believer I enter like a guest.” …Heavens and earth do not have the ‘Aql’ or intelligence to gain the Ma’rifat (Recognition) of Allah Ta’ala. The heart and mind of a Mu'min are repositories of the Ma’rifat of Allah Ta’ala.