Chapter 64

Chapter 64

Jerry sighed in frustration, tossing his phone down on the table. "She's still not answering."

Tricia looked at him. "Can you really blame her?"

"No, but I'm worried. Every second she's not here could be her last."

"This is ridiculous," Rob said, pacing across the kitchen. "We shouldn't be sitting here. We should be out there, looking for her, dragging her butt back where she belongs."

Tricia looked at him. "That wouldn't help anything. She needs to be alone right now."

He glared at her. "Alone can get her killed."

"This is Liss we're talking about. She's a fighter. She'll be okay. She just needs some time to deal with things."

Jerry sat down hard in a chair next to the table. "I don't know if she'll ever get over this. I know how much he meant to her."

Rob looked over at him. "She loves you, Jare. You'll be able to get her through this."

"Yeah, maybe, but Hunter was her soul mate. You don't get over a loss of that magnitude."

Tricia looked at him, surprised. "He was her soul mate?"

"Yeah. It kind of puts things in perspective, doesn't it?"

Rob walked over and looked down at him. "So, what? That's just it, then? You're giving up what you two had because of this?"

Jerry shook his head. "No. I'll never give up on her. As long as Liss wants me, I'll be there for her." He looked away. "It's just...something this traumatic changes a person. We may never get our Liss back."

"Well, that's not an option. We need to find her and get her through this, like everything else we've dealt with." Rob looked at the kitchen door. "We just need to find Raven and Cedric and make them track her down or something. I'm sure they can."

Jerry stood up. "No. You leave those two alone. They're dealing with their own grief right now. They need time to mourn. We're not going bother them."

Rob turned back, an exasperated look on his face. "Then what do we do?"

"We have faith in Liss. We trust her to do the right thing. And we pray our love is enough to bring her back to us."

Rob nodded weakly. "Let's just hope she knows what she's doing."