Chapter 31

Natsu got out of bed, his head pounding. There was a knock on his door.

"Come in," Natsu moaned.

Lucy came in. She didn't look so hot either. (phrase meaning she didn't look so good-health wise)

"Natsu, what did we do? that's the worst I've been drunk... bleg..." She sat down on the floor in front of Natsu. Natsu sat down as well and the two just sat there, their heads pounding.

"What did I do? Was I being a fool?" Natsu worried.

"I dunno I can't remember...." Lucy said to him. Right about then she collapsed into him.

"Lucy!" Natsu shouted.

"Shuddup... I'm tired...." Lucy made an attempt to slap him but it wasn't that hard of a slap. Natsu blushed hard as Lucy fell asleep on top of him. Natsu got up slowly and locked the door before covering Lucy with blankets as best as he could before he collapsed next to her and fell asleep again.

The two awoke again around noon.

"NATSU!" Lucy screamed, "Why-what? EXPLAIN!"

Natsu whimpered a little before saying, "you came in here and collapsed, so I tried to cover you up with a blanket, but I fell down and crashed too!"

Lucy scowled, her head still pounding. "Well don't do that again!" Lucy yelled at him. Natsu nodded, surprised she hadn't tried to hit him.

Lucy went back into her room and got ready. Natsu did the same, and met up with Lucy at the bar counter.

"What now?" Natsu asked.

"I dunno... relax I guess..." Lucy mumbled. her chin was on the bar counter. She soon fell asleep again.

"How does she sleep so much?" Natsu asked.

"She's just crashing and burning after yesterday's party is all. Everyone is," Mirajane said as she herself yawned.

Natsu looked at the guild, which appeared to be very slow and tired. Even Elfman was having a hangover.

The only one who was not tired was Kana, who scowled at everyone.

Natsu decided he was going to sit there and just talk with Mira.

"So you remember what I said about that one night when Lucy crashed down here right?" Mira asked.

"Yeah. the one where you said I was all she could talk about," Natsu replied.

(See chapter 27 if you don't remember)

"Well I think you and Lucy should go out. You two would be a cute couple!" Kana said.

"Yeah, I agree. To some extent," Mira said. "Kana and I have had much thought on it."

"I... um..." Natsu's face got red.

"It's ok, we will ask her for you!" Kana offered. Natsu got speechless as they prodded Lucy gently until she awoke.

"Wat?" Lucy groaned. she looked at Mirajane.

"Natsu wants to know if you would like to date him," Mira put simply. She said this very seriously.

Lucy's head turned slow as she woke up even more. She went and punched Natsu right in the jaw, sending him flying.

"You're gonna ask me that when I wake up?! Pathetic! NO!!!" Lucy screamed. she wasn't tired anymore. she was going full steam.

She stormed out of the guild, clutching a mission flyer in her hand.

"Sorry Natsu," Mira said halfheartedly, "oh wait... I'm not."

She laughed and Natsu rubbed his fresh bruises.