Chapter 14

Lucy and Natsu arrived at the guild around 9:45 pm.

Lucy took Natsu to Wendy, a small young girl who was very gothic. Her hair was long and blue. She often wore grey clothing. Her magic was healing and wind dragon slayer magic.

She took Natsu to the back where she healed what she could and bandaged the stitches that Moa did. Afterwards, Lucy walked Natsu to his bedroom.

He dressed in his pajamas while Lucy looked away and then he climbed into bed. He still wore his scarf around his neck. Lucy sat down nearby in a chair, her face serious.

"Do you think Erza saw where we went?" Lucy asked.

"No, she was buried so that she couldn't even turn her head. Virgo did a fine job." Natsu said, fixing his pillow against the wall with his good arm so that he could sit up and talk to Lucy.

Lucy's face still was serious. "I guess you're right, but no more missions for a while, I guess. You got enough money for your rent?" She asked.

All residents that stayed within the guild had to pay a rent that was due every two months. it cost 20,000 jewl.

"Yeah," Natsu sighed. "Is that all you think about? rent? or is it that you think of all the bad things and your problems?"

Lucy just looked down. "I can't help it. I've got lots going on and I can't help but think to try to get them in order."

"But we had so much fun at the spa and at the park! you were so carefree! you looked happy for once. It was nice to see you that way," Natsu told her.

"I guess I really do need some time off to just relax... those two days weren't enough," Lucy sighed, her face relaxing a bit.

Natsu smiled a comforting smile. "Go to bed. The more sleep you get the better."

"I'm going down for a drink first."

Natsu grinned. "Just one then! or I might have to get grey to carry up up the stairs this time."

Lucy smiled back. So Natsu finally admits that he was the one who carried her to bed that one night.

"I'll try." With that she left.

Downstairs, Lucy really did only have one drink because Kana didn't want her to pass out.

The next Morning, Natsu got up and got dressed like normal. He went downstairs only to find that the whole guild was having a party.

"Natsu get down here and join the party!" The green haired stone and plant mage Evergreen called joyfully.

"What's the party for anyway?" Natsu called back over the music and talking.

However, Evergreen was pulled into a dance group by Elfman.

Natsu searched for Lucy, who was nowhere to be found. He went back upstairs to find Lucy sleeping and more darts in the Erza poster, still accurately thrown.

Natsu gently shook Lucy, hoping not to get punched. He was anyway, right in the throat.

Natsu choked for a minute before shouting Lucy's name until she got up.

"What do you want?" She asked sleepily.

"There's a party going on! I wonder why..." Natsu told her.

She perked up. There hadn't been a guild party in so long. Then she remembered, the Spring festival was today! She reminded Natsu and then quickly got dressed in a black tube top and black skinned jeans with boots that were also black.

"Natsu let's go help set up for our guild's booths!" Lucy said pulling Natsu out the door.

The Spring Festival was guilds' favorite time of year because they could be freer with their magic. It could easily be covered up as a sideshow act. Fairy Tail always had liquor booths. Many people also black-marketed magic lacrima which was highly illegal. Magic lacrima was hard to come by, so the Spring Festival was every mage's chance to get some.