(Winter) Chapter 44

Original Published Date: April 2017

Edited Date: May 13, 2018

February 20, 2017 - After School

At the Student Council Room of Homurahara Gakuen, all of the current officers and representatives are gathered. Each of them sat on a chair around a rectangular table. The outgoing officers - Asura, Itsuka, and Maria - are standing in front of them with the Student Council's blackboard behind them. On top of the blackboard, it was written there: STUDENT COUNCIL ELECTIONS 2017.

"Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you for coming here and for a perfect attendance, as well," Itsuka starts with a smile on his lips. "As you all know, the time to select Homurahara's new leaders is approaching. Before we begin this meeting, I would like to thank you all for giving me the opportunity to become your president for one whole school year. It's been an honor and a privilege to be of service to all of you."

Itsuka bows his head.

"As do I," Asura adds. "To become your secretary for one school year, I am glad that all of you gave me your trust. I wish I could have served one more year but as you see, we are already graduating. Thank you, everyone."

Asura bows her head next.

"It is my first time serving the school and its students. I still remember how I was picked as the representative for third years, working alongside Suzuhana-san and Himeji-san. Still, all of you gave me your support and that has boosted my confidence. Everyone, thank you from the bottom of my heart."

Maria bows her head.

Everyone who are seated felt a little sad since three of their student leaders are already graduating by March and will be going to college. Hinako frowns, wishing that she could have been more of service to the three of them. All that remains in the student council are the following: Gil Douji (current Vice President), Jeanne Enko (current Treasurer), Haruka Minamoto (current Auditor), Hinako Suzuhana (current 1st year representative), and Mabu Himeji (current 2nd year representative).

The three upperclassmen lifted their heads and faced their successors with smiles on their faces.

"Now, I will let Souji-san explain how the elections of Homurahara goes," Itsuka looks at Asura, nodding. "Souji-san?"

Asura looks back at Itsuka and nods back at him. The two upperclassmen took their seats while Asura remained standing in front, a chalk in her hand.

"All right, I shall explain the rules of the elections. Even though Douji-san, Enko-san, and Minamoto-san already know of the process, it is befitting that I repeat it for Hinako-san and Himeji-san," Asura starts.

"Please go ahead, Asura-senpai," Hinako said, all-ears.

"Thank you. Then, I shall start," Asura starts to write the remaining non-graduating members on the board. "First of all is how we nominate candidates for the election. Homurahara is special in this kind of election and I think it's good to have it this way. The remaining members of the student council shall automatically be the candidates of the election."