Ten || A New Side Of Hosung

The following day, the chemistry teacher asks for the projects to be handed in today and of course Hosung didn't show up for class. Thank god I got him to cooperate yesterday otherwise we would have been in big trouble. I wonder where he was today. I mean, he had been showing up to class more often, so I'm wondering why he didn't show up today. I shrug as I pack up my things when the bell rings.

"Miss Yong, can I have a word with you please?" The chemistry teacher asks as he gestures for me to come to his desk. I sigh as I sling my bag over my shoulder and head to the front of the classroom. Am I in trouble? Did he not like the project?

"Sir? Is something the matter?" I ask curiously and nervously as I stand in front of his desk. He pushes up his glasses as he looks at me. His hands are folded in front of him on his desk.

"Where is your partner?" He asks curiously as he eyes me. I shrug in response as I breathe a slight sigh of relief. So, he just wanted to know why Hosung wasn't in class today. Thank god. I thought it was something bad. Not that him not being in class wasn't bad either. I mean, he did leave to present the project all by myself, but at least the teacher didn't say anything about our project being bad. "Pity, I would have liked him to have been able to present his part of the project to see how much of it he actually did by himself." I furrow my eyebrows at this. What's that supposed to mean? Hosung did his part. Granted, I helped him a little bit, but most of the work he did. For some reason, the harsh, judging tone in the teacher's voice makes me snap.

"That's uncalled for! Hosung did his part all by himself! You have no right to say that since you weren't even there to see him!" I exclaim louder than I had intended. As soon as I say all of that, I immediately clapped my hand over my mouth. The teacher stares flabbergasted at me. "Um..... I'm sorry." The teacher continues to stare at me with his mouth open wide before he closes it and sighs. Oh no, he's mad now. I'm so stupid.

"Miss Yong, I understand that you've become closer to Hosung, but please don't let personal feelings and affections cloud your judgement," the teacher warns in a stern tone. His warning throws me off that I find myself dumbfounded and unable to respond.

"That's......," I utter, unable to finish my sentence. I stand there puzzled for a moment. "Excuse me." With that, I bow my head to him before turning away and rushing out of the classroom. I heave a sigh as I walk down the hallway. He's right. Why did I stick up for Hosung? It's not like we're that close. I mean, we have gotten a bit closer and yesterday was surprisingly fun. I even got to see him laugh. Is he thinking that I've grown feelings for him? Well, I don't! At least.... I don't think I have. I like Hoseok after all, but I guess since they look exactly alike it could very well be possible that I've grown feelings for Hosung as well. They're so different though. Hoseok is so kind and outgoing while Hosung is rude and obnoxious. How could I possibly have feelings for both when they're so different? Ugh, I'm so confused.

"You ok?" A voice asks from behind me. I turn around to see Hoseok slowly making his way towards me. As I stare at him, what he had sad yesterday comes clear into my head. I still haven't figured out what he meant by that. He's already decided to let go of those feelings. I wonder if I should ask him. Hmmm, maybe not. He'll probably say something else that I won't be able to figure out again.

"Yeah, I'm fine, but the project that Hosung and I were working on ended up being due today and he didn't even show up," I answer with a sigh. He seems to be thinking for a moment before he sighs heavily.

"I'm not surprised that he didn't show up today," he comments with a exasperated look, "After all, today is the day that our mother died." Oh, that's right. I remember him telling me that their mother died the first time I went over their house. "He usually skips school on the day of her death and he'll spend the day either at home or at his special place." I nod in understanding.