Six || The Awkwardness

Last night Hoseok drove me home and kissed me on the cheek. I couldn't stop blushing after that. It was so embarrassing too because when I came into my house both my mom and dad apparently overheard my conversation with Hoseok, on the porch. They asked me if he and I were dating. Of course, I denied it right away because we aren't dating, but I swear I couldn't stop my heart from beating so fast. I don't know how to explain or really comprehend with how I'm feeling. I know I stayed up all night trying to figure out these weird feelings, but either I couldn't figure them out or I just didn't want to admit them. Possibly both.

It wouldn't be surprising though if I suddenly had a crush on him. I mean, he is handsome and super cute. He's also really nice, charming, funny, understanding, caring, and pretty outgoing. Despite the fact that he could very well be a playboy, I suppose it wouldn't be so horrible if I started crushing on him. You know, just join the rest of of his fan club at school, the one who glares holes in other girls' backs whenever he talks to a girl other than them. On second thought, now that I think of it, I'm not and I don't want to be one of those girls who is so madly in love with someone, along with a bunch of other people, and gets jealous so easily. I'm just not that kind of person.

I don't know how I'm going to face him today though. I can barely look in the mirror without blushing like crazy. I keep touching the spot on my cheek where he kissed me too. Yeezus! I don't know how I feel, I don't know how I'm supposed to act when I see him, I don't know if I should expect him to just suddenly ask me on a date or what! Gah~, I need some advice and quick!

When I got to school, I didn't exactly ignore or avoid him, I just didn't make eye contact with him. He also seemed to be a lot more comfortable with me, if that even makes sense. I mean, like he talked to me as if he's known me for a long time and that he didn't just meet me about three to four days ago. Anyways, I kept stuttering and rambled a lot. I do that when I get nervous or when I'm embarrassment. It's how people, who have known me for a long time, can tell when I'm nervous or embarrassed. I already knew Hana could tell that something was up because she kept eyeing me when she noticed me stuttering. I know I can never hide anything from her because she'll always catch on.

I sigh heavily as I take my seat in my first class. After this morning in the locker bay, I just took off like a rocket. I had to get out of there as fast as possibly. I could barely stand being there. I was that nervous and embarrassed. Soon, Hoseok, Hana and the others come in and sit in their spots. I glance up and my eyes immediately meet with his. He sends me a heartwarming grin and a soft spoken wink. My eyes widen at his gestures and I avert my eyes. I grab my bag and pretend to rummage through it.

"Lose something?" His voice appears in a whispered tone right beside my ear. My whole body jerks in alarm and I glance around to see him crouching down beside my desk with a slightly amused expression. Goddammit, this is not going so well.

"Um.... no, I'm j-just l-looking for m-my......," I begin to say as I quickly glance into my bag. My eyes lock on a small, purple hair clip. "My hair clip! Yeah!" I quickly show him the hair clip in panic. He eyes it curiously before glancing back at me. I stifle a nervous laugh as I use it to pin back some loose hair. He watched me as I do that. Dude, stop watching me!! I gulp nervously as I can feel his eyes on me.

"You're so cute Y/N," he comments as he turns his gaze off of me. My eyes widen and heat rises to my cheeks at his comment. I stare straight ahead in shock that he said that so calmly. Why am I the only one feeling really nervous right now? For most of class, he doesn't bother me that much, but once in a while I'll catch him glancing my way. By the end of first period, I feel all fidgety. I really need to go take a breather. When the bell rings, I grab my things and head straight for the girls' bathroom. I enter the bathroom and stand in front of the mirror. I let turn on the water of the sink and let the faucet run before splashing some cold water onto my face. I need to cool my face off because it looks like I just came out of a sauna. Just then Hana comes in and approaches me. Oh no.