"Not every mission." She argued.

"Yes Shepard." Miranda agreed. "Every mission."

"That's different. Without back-up I'll be less likely to draw attention."

"No, you'll be more likely to get caught and have everything go south." Garrus retorted.

"Look. I'm doing this." She said, getting to her feet. "I appreciate everyone's concern, but this is something I have to do."

"Well guys," Kasumi said, crossing the room to her. "Looks like we have no choice. But you're not going in there alone Shep."

"Yes I am Kasumi." Callie replied, eyeing the thief with suspicion.

"That's not what I meant Shep." She said, holding out her hand. "Here, this is an advanced tracking and comm device."

Callie took the small silver item Kasumi handed her, eyeing it with interest.

"Just attach it to the inside of your armour under your chest plate and EDI can monitor everything that happens. If something goes wrong, we can be there to help."

"But..."

"No buts Shepard." Garrus growled. "You're taking it or we're not letting you leave this ship."

"Garrus is correct." EDI interjected over the intercom. "I am prepared to prevent the Normandy's cargo bay doors from opening if you refuse."

"This is mutiny." Callie grumbled.

"You might be the Captain of this ship Shepard." Miranda said. "But this is not a military vessel. Since you left Cerberus, none of us are required to follow your orders."

"Fine." Callie sighed, reaching under her armour to put the device in place. As it clamped down, she frowned at it. "What just happened? Is this thing stuck here?"

Kasumi smiled. "We know you Shepard. Once attached, it doesn't come off. We figured that even if you agreed to this, you'd take it off as soon as you left the ship. I made it so you can't do that without replacing your armour."

"Shit." Callie swore. She couldn't believe how well they knew her after spending such a short time working together.

"Commander." EDI called. "We are in orbit over Aratoht. Are you ready?"

"If everyone here is satisfied, then yes EDI, I'm ready."

"Not satisfied by a long shot Shepard.'' Garrus grumbled. "But we'll take what we can get."

"Come on Shepard." Jacob said, climbing into the shuttle. "I'll drop you off."

A chorus of good luck and stay safe calls echoed through the cargo bay as Callie joined Jacob. Her breath caught in her throat, tight with emotion from the care and concern her crew, her friends, she corrected, had just shown her.

Steeling herself, she settled in for the short ride down to the planet's surface.

Milky Way/Omega Nebula/Sahrabarik/Omega/SSV Nomad

"Aria's daughter was killed?" Anderson repeated. "Why would Grayson do that?"

"I don't think it was Grayson sir. I think the Illusive Man had her killed to get Aria's help in tracking Grayson down."

"But why? What the hell is so important about Paul Grayson? And why now after all this time?"

"I don't know, but Kahlee thinks they already have him. Based on the data he forwarded to her before he disappeared, she thinks Cerberus might also be targeting Grissom Academy soon."