"Maybe not, but it's my job. It's more important I find out what Cerberus might be up to. Besides, it will help keep my mind focused on something other than worry for Shepard."

"Of course." She said, smiling. "Good luck Commander."

"Thanks. I'll be in touch."

Milky Way/Omega System/Sahrabarik/Omega

Tanner plotted a course for the Omega Nebula, her mind spinning.

"Damned Cerberus." She growled, relaxing back in her chair. "I thought we were done chasing those assholes."

"Only delayed Lieutenant." Kaidan corrected her. "We ran out of leads, remember?"

"I was hoping we'd run out of Cerberus sir." She retorted. "I was hoping one of their experiments had finally got the better of them and killed them all."

"Funny." Kaidan smiled, catching her eye. "I was kind of hoping the same thing."

"I hear that." Mason echoed.

"ETA to Omega, fifteen minutes Commander."

"Send Aria a message." Kaidan instructed. "Request permission to dock."

"Sir?" Tanner frowned, confused.

"I don't want to have another confrontation with her Dlaney. Maybe if we play nice, we can skip the posturing and she won't be so argumentative this time around."

"One can hope." Tanner muttered as she followed through. "Permission granted sir. Though I think I just spoke to a batarian."

"That's fine Lieutenant. Aria will be sure to hear about it then, especially since we're in an Alliance vessel." He assured her. "I'll be in the airlock. Stay with the ship for now."

"Aye, aye sir." Mason replied while Tanner continued with docking procedures.

Milky Way/Hourglass Nebula/Sowilo/Hagalaz

Callie could barely contain herself as she waited to exit the airlock and step onto the Shadow Broker's ship. Kaidan, she whispered, she was finally going to see him. Forcing herself to keep her pace even, she entered Liara's cavernous work area and looked around expectantly. Her step faltered as she crossed the room to where Liara waited. Kaidan was nowhere to be seen.

"Liara?" She asked, keeping her voice even. "What's going on? Where's Kaidan?"

Liara broke eye contact for a moment before answering. "I'm sorry Shepard. We received your message, but he was ordered to report back to the Citadel. He's gone."

"He's gone?" Callie repeated. She couldn't keep the surprise and disappointment from her voice. She'd been so sure she was about to see him and tell him everything in her heart. Sadness and frustration pressed down on her and without a word, turned to leave. She stopped short though when a thought occurred to her.

"Shepard?" Liara called, watching her.

"Why was even Kaidan here?" Callie asked, turning back. "What did he want?"

"He learned what happened on Aite and about David Archer. We were confused and worried about you. After he met David he was concerned the Illusive Man was screening your messages."

"You mean because I didn't leave Cerberus then and there." Callie said. "Trust me Liara, if I knew how to get to the Illusive Man, he wouldn't still be drawing breath for what I saw on Aite."

Letting out s tired sigh, she crossed to Liaras couch and sat down. "I would have quit Cerberus sooner if I knew someone else could have taken on the Collectors. But there was no one, and no other ship capable of passing through the Omega-4 relay."