Barbaric Rules

{Maka's POV}

"Listen or your tongue will keep you deaf." 

~Native American Quote~

~~~

Stiles, Lydia, and I had run out of the room I had been in and were now racing down the stairs to where Lydia had seen Scott and Allison last. 

But with the stressed and frightened look on Lydia's face I could tell something was wrong. 

Walking at a very fast pace I suddenly felt my heart stop beating in my chest as I stared at the sight in front of me, my abrupt stop ripping my hand out of Stiles'. 

"Scott. Scott." He said. 

I stood there with Lydia now running forward, me doing the same as I stepped beside Allison and Lydia. 

Scott was standing in front of me, him drenched in gasoline as well as the ground surrounding him, a red canister thrown to the side. 

In his left hand he held a red emergency flare, the last one in the kit that Stiles had opened to use to save Isaac and Boyd from committing their own suicides. 

"There's no hope." Scott stated as I stood there, a look of realisation crossing my features momentarily. 

The number went from 198 to 201, and Aiden, Boyd, and Isaac had already tried to commit suicide...this was Scott. 

"What do you mean, Scott?." Stiles questioned as he stood a few feet in front of Lydia, Allison, and I. 

Scott's chocolate eyes were filled with an emptiness that I had never seen before, his body doused in the flammable gasoline. 

"There's always hope." Stiles said staying in the same spot, his hands in front of his stomach as he seemed to be clueless as to what to do. 

I wasn't going to intrude though, Scott was Stiles' best friends and I knew he was the only one who could get Scott to stop himself from dropping the flaming flare into the gas. 

"Not for me. Not for Derek." Scott said, his voice sounding awfully calm...as if in a trance like the other Werewolves. 

"Derek wasn't your fault, you know Derek wasn't your fault." Stiles stated as he took a small and cautious step forward. 

"Every time I try to fight back it just get's worse...people getting killed-" Scott was cut off. 

"Scott listen to me, okay? This isn't you alright? This is someone inside your head telling you to do this." As Stiles said that I bit my tongue...this was the fourth suicide attempt and there were only supposed to be three. 

"Okay? Now-" Stiles was interrupted by saddened Scott. "What if it isn't? What if it is just me? What if doing this is the best thing I could do for anyone else?" 

I felt myself sadden at every word that came from his mouth. 

"It all started that night, the night I got bitten." Scott stated. 

"You remember the way it was before that? You and me, we were nothing. Were weren't popular, we weren't good at lacrosse, we weren't important, we were no one. Maybe I should just be no one again....no one at all." 

Lydia and Allison were standing on each side of me, and I could almost feel the sadness and fright radiating off of them as well as Stiles. 

"Scott just listen to me, okay? You're not no one. Okay? You're someone Scott, you're my best friend. Okay? And I need you." Stiles paused and at this moment he was standing in front of Scott, the two in the centre of  the large gasoline puddle. 

"Scott you're my brother." Stiles said, my heartbeat quickening at what was taking place. 

"All right, so if you're going to do this, then I think you're just gonna have to take me with you." With Stiles saying that I felt my heart break, but with him now grabbing the flare and throwing it to side side I almost sighed, almost

I felt my breath catch in my throat feeling the flare start rolling back towards the gasoline on the ground. "NO!" I shouted now throwing myself at the two who were hugging. 

I had shoved Scott and Stiles forward leaving Lydia and Allison behind, but throwing them forward I stayed inside the now flaming area where the puddle of gasoline used to be. 

I was standing inside of the flames, seeing that it looked like I was in a burning ember when really I was in a creepy ass motel that counts suicides. 

Standing there I stood in the middle of the flames not earning a single scratch or char mark, my heart thumping loudly in my chest though. 

Taking a few steps out of the wild orange flames I saw that Scott and Stiles were staring at me, Lydia and Allison also there since they had run from the other side of the flaming mess. 

"Guys...I think I'm fireproof." I said as I locked eyes with Stiles who had run forward and wrapped his arms around me in fright that he had lost me. 

~~~

After quickly grabbing my things and shoving them under my seat last night, I fell into a sound sleep on Stiles' shoulder for the second time in these past numerous hours. 

But now feeling my eyes flutter open after hearing some loud thumps I saw that Coach had boarded the bus with all of the students following behind him, his look making me want to laugh. 

"I don't even want to know, but in case you missed the announcement the meets cancelled, so we're heading home.  " Coach said as everyone took their seats, Scott sitting in front of us and Ethan taking a seat beside him. 

"Pack it in! Pack it in!" Coach yelled. 

"I don't know what happened last night, but I'm pretty sure you saved my life." Ethan said to Scott. 

"Actually we did." Stiles said pointing between him and myself. 

Ethan rolled his eyes. "So I'm going to give you a little something." He stated. 

"We're pretty sure Derek's still alive, but he killed one of ours." Ethan started to say. 

"This means one of two things can happen. Either he joins our pack and kills his own, or Kali go's after him, and we kill him. That's the way it works." Ethan concluded. 

"You know you're little code of ethics there is kind of barbaric, F. Y. I." Stiles informed as Ethan left the seat for another, Coach starting to walk down the isle and counts the students. 

But as he walked by I saw a light purple substance on his shirt right underneath the opening of the whistle. "Hey Coach can I see your whistle?" I asked. 

Now reluctantly bringing the whistle to my mouth I blew on it, cupping my hand around the hole in the top and now bringing the whistle and my hand away from my mouth. 

A purple powder was scattered across my palm...Wolfsbane. "Wolfsbane." I muttered as Stiles ripped the whistle from my hand now opening the window on the bus and throwing away the whistle. 

"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Stilinski!" Coach yelled as Stiles sat back down, me laying my head on his shoulder and smiling as I sighed, Stiles doing the same as he wrapped his arm around my waist in a loose hold. 

~~~

Sorry this took so long but I just finished March Break and my computer stopped working. 

Please, Vote/Comment/And Share!

~Uncharted_TLOU_13~