Advised By A Blind Man

"Be strong when you are weak,
Be brave when you are scared,
Be humble when you are victorious."

~Native Saying~

~~~

I had run back home declining Scott's offer to drive me there, me just wanting to make sure he wouldn't have to worry about me.

I was now standing in my room looking in the mirror, my brown hair cascading down my back and over my shoulders.

My chocolate brown eyes were sparkling from the moonlight shining through my window.

I was wearing a pair of small black pajama shorts and a large and baggy grey shirt that hung off of my petite frame.

Sighed I turned away from my mirror and saw that my mother was leaning against the door frame in my room.

"You want to learn." She said, as if reading my earlier thoughts.
"What?"

"You don't want to be useless, and trust me Maka, with a power like yours you will never be useless." My mother pushed herself off of the white door frame and walked over to me.

"You will soon need to be in complete control, I will teach you." My mother said, me just standing there and staring into her hair since I was a tad taller than her.

"Look mom there's school tomorrow and I can't learn to do this in a night." I said just wanting to get some sleep for an uneventful day of school. "But you see, all it could take is an hour."

As my mom said that I looked her with uncertainty, "Maka the way to connect with your abilities is to find where they all meet."

"Where would that be?" I questioned, my mother looking me in the eyes with the slightest hint of smirk plastered onto her pigmented lips.

"Think Maka, think." She said.

As she said that I started to think,
"I don't know?" I said in a questioning tone.

"The forest Maka, the Hale house fire, the river, the Earth, and the fresh air."

"I've been in the forest before." I said.

"You have to go to the place where you feel most connected." She stated now turning around and slowly walking out of my room.
"When?"

"When you feel the time is right."

She walked out of the room, her dark blue night gown moving with her legs as she left the room.

When? When should I go?

Now? Now. I'm going to the forest now.
I think...Should I?
Yes! And on the way I'll buy a Big Mac.

Maybe not the Big Mac but totally going to the place I feel most connected.

~~~

I was standing on the cliff from not to long ago, a few hours passing since Scott, Derek, Isaac, Mr. Argent, and I had stood on this very spot.

With the sky now the slightest bit lighter since it was nearing morning I sighed having no clue what to do.

Do I stand there?
Do I do something?

Deciding to wait and hope for the best I lowered myself to the ground and sat on the trampled yet beautiful green grass.

Sitting there my legs dangled off of the edge, my eyes drifting to different parts of the town.

As I sat there I felt my eyelids drooping the slightest, me being exhausted from the whole Cora and Boyd thing that had just taken place.

And the fact that I had been running the whole time didn't help my bad case of exhaustion.