TEN

"The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow, for every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth."

- Cherokee Saying

•••

Throughout the whole car ride of telling Stiles the directions to my house and explaining the very little things I knew about Elementalist's I was freaking out and overly stressed.

Stiles was only making it worse though, every time he asked a question he excepted an answer that I didn't have.

"So your mom was an Elemental and now you are?"

"Yep." I said popping the 'p'.

"And that necklace catches all of your power?"

I shook my head.

"No it only catches the power I can't control...Which would be a lot right now."

As I sat in the seat with my head on the window Stiles stopped in front of my house, me telling him the number earlier.

Opening the door to his Jeep and getting out I closed the door only to have him get out and walk over to me.

"I am going inside and you are gonna explain everything more thoroughly."

I quirked an eyebrow looking at him,

"Okay."

I said not objecting as I turned around and walked up my driveway.

Walking up the paved driveway I kicked a few stones looking at my feet as I walked up the stairs then knocking on the door.

"Mom!"

I shouted as I got no response, sighing as I put my hands into my pockets only to feel no piece of carved metal.

The keys weren't in my pocket.

Placing my hands in my pockets again and then turning in a full 360° circle I saw Stiles with a look of deep confusion and concern painted on his pale face.

"No keys?"
"Yes."

I replied now turning back towards the grey front door of my fairly new house with no alarm installed just yet.

Crouching down so that my face was at level with the lock I smiled.

"Do you have a Swiss army knife?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm about to break into my own house."

I finished now putting out my hand so that Stiles could pass me the little gadget full of mini knives.

Feeling a chilly piece of metal fall against my palm I then brought it back to the door, now looking for the flat piece.

Pressing my lips in a then line yet managing to stick out my tongue in concentration I managed to turn the lock and pick it open.

Click.

As the lock clicked and the door opened I shot up in triumph and turned around, tossing Stiles his Swiss Army knife as he then almost fell, trying to catch it.

"You know how to pick locks?"

Stiles questioned in disbelief as I then stopped in my tracks looking to the wooden paneling on the floor.

My father was the one who taught me how to pick locks and harm someone if they were to try and harm me.

"Yeah, my father taught me."
I muttered.