Chapter Eleven : Buzzes and all other B's

Start from the beginning

   Aika took a bite of the cake with closed eyes then she moaned and nodded. “Chocolate is good.”

   I needed an ice cold shower.

   ---

   So in other words, me and Aika became friends….

   Yes, friends.

   Okay…. Friends. And I really took a cold shower after we ate.

   Anyways, today I only had one photo shoot. A solo photo shoot for my cover on this music magazine. Could you fucking believe that? My face on a magazine, Bad-ass right?  Oh yeah!

   The driver of the taxi took us to a different route and got me to the place even before our manager’s head could blow up from anger.

   The dressing room of the studio I was having my shoot was small – very small. A mouse’s house was even bigger than this.

   I leaned back on the only leather chair in this room. I was hoping I could get more sleep here since the technicians were still arranging the props. Closing my eyes, I could instantly feel the magnet of my dream pulling me from reality.

   BOOOG!!

   I jolted awake from the sound and my eyes found a girl on her hands and knees on the floor with make-ups scattered around her. I hurried to help her, holding both of her arms as she stood up.

   “Are you okay?”

   When she looked up at me, I instantly remembered her. Shizuka.

   “Yes. Thank you for helping me, Mr. Suzuki.” She bowed her head a little.

   “I told you, just call me  Reita.”

   Surprised, she looked back up at me with wide eyes. “You remember me?”

   I smirked, I know what’s the right words to reply and make a girl blush.“Anyone will remember a cute girl like you, Shizuka.”

   Just as I expected her cheeks reddened as she looked down. When she saw her things on the floor, she hurriedly crouched down and started to gather everything. Being a gentleman, I helped her.

   “So you’re the one who’s gonna make me handsome today.” I teased, chuckling.

   Shizuka bit her lower lip and answered without gazing at me. “You’re already handsome.”

   Looks like someone fell for my natural charm. Did you see how her cheek blushed very bright? Cute.

   Clearing her throat, she stood up. “Let’s start?”

   The shoot was wrapped up minutes after eight. And I was forced to join them for an after work get together.

   We went in this bar near the studio. Everyone was there including our manager.

   Drinks after drinks were being passed around our table. From the amber colored bitter liquid to the clear strong one.

   I would like to decline every drinks that was passed to me but I couldn’t do that since this was the first time I was with them. They might say I was a snobby bastard. So even if I had a low tolerance for alcohol, I drank all of them.

   Everyone on our table was a heavy drinker, specially the director who did nothing but tip every shot glass he sees. Shizuka was quiet beside another crew but she laughed at what the guy’s saying from time to time. Everyone was having a great time except me. I wanted to go home. I forgot to give Keiji his food too. Damn it!

   I stood up and felt the whole world spun. This again?!

   Hurrying, I grabbed someone’s shoulder to keep myself up. Everything won’t stop spinning this time.

   “Where are you going, Reita?” someone asked.

   “Keiji.” I answered. I wanted to go back to the apartment. “Aika.”

   “What? What are you saying?” another voice asked.

   Groaning and starting to piss off, I walked. The place was very crowded I bumped someone everytime I took a step. I saw the restroom sign a few distance from mine and I suddenly had the urge to use it. The world kept on spinning and this time it spun rather swiftly that I lose my balance.

   My back hit something hard but I found my feet still on the floor. I hit the wall then… Good.

   I closed my eyes and tried to wait. Maybe the spinning would stop after a few seconds. As I stayed like this, I patted my pocket and took my phone out. I was in need of a ride home at this moment but our manager would probably just let me sleep on the street instead of driving me home and miss a glass of beer.

   The music was too loud, someone should turn that thing off.

   I opened my eyes and somehow things were not spinning now. I was looking for Uruha’s number on my contacts when this girl who was wearing a very short dress walked up to me.

   “Waiting for someone?” She asked with a smile that indicates she wanted something.

   Groaning, I shook my head. I didn't want to go anywhere with her right now. I just wanted to go home.

   Where the hell was Uruha’s name on my contacts? Did someone delete him?

   The girl moved closer to me and held my hand. “Maybe I’m the one you’re waiting for.”

   Ah. Found it.

   I pressed the call button and held the phone on my ear as I pushed the girl’s hand away from me.

   The girl wasn’t having any of it though; her hand moved and touched my chest.

   It ringed a few times then the call connected.

   “Hello?” My voice sounded weird.

   The hand on my chest moved further down, ticking the fuck out of me. I glared down at her as I grabbed and stopped her hand. “Look, your boobs look good but I’m not interested. Okay?!”

   With a huff she finally turned around and walked away.

   Focusing on the phone, I asked again. “Hello?”

   I waited but there was no one answering.

   “Uruha!”

   “…. I’m not Uruha…”

   The voice was a girl and it sounded very very familiar. I quickly moved my phone and looked at the screen… well what I saw surprised me to hell and took the buzz out of me.

  | Aizawa Aika – connected 00:32 |

  The number kept on increasing as I stared at it. She must’ve heard what I said earlier. I put my phone back on my ear.

   “Hey. I didn’t mean what I said earlier.. I mean your boobs look great and I’m interested with it.”

   I paused. Huh? That sentence seemed right… and wrong.

   So I tried again, “I mean.. yours looks great! But the boobs that I was referring to earlie—“

   “Stop! Stop! I get it.” She exhaled then….. Aika hang up on me.

   I was so drunk and confused.

   And I needed another cake.