Epilogue: 1926

Third Person P.O.V

"Hey Newt, who's she?"

Newt glanced in Queenie's direction and felt his stomach flip. She'd found his photo of Leta.

"Ah...that's no one."

He turned back to the buckets of feed, his mind focused on nothing but Leta and his childhood. He tried to stop thinking of it but he couldn't. The feeling of Queenie walking around his mind and opening his memories made him shiver slightly.

"Leta Lestrange? I've heard of that family. Aren't they kinda - you know?"

Newt gulped.

"Please don't read my mind."

Queenie resumed the feeling of her walking around his mind and opened up memory after memory. A particularly scarring memory opened up and it came as such a shock that he wasn't able to control his tears or contain a quiet gasp. Queenie gave him a sympathetic look and he quickly wiped his eyes.

"Sorry, I asked you not to." He said softly, drying his eyes.

"I know, I'm sorry, I can't help it. People are easiest to read when they're hurting." Queenie replied.

"I'm not hurting." Said Newt.

Queenie shook her head sadly.

"I'll give you a good piece of advice. Don't lie to anyone that can read minds."

Newt sighed.

"Anyway, it was a long time ago."

"That was a real close friendship you had at school."

"Yes, well, neither of us really fitted in at school so we-" Newt started.

"-became real close. For years." Queenie finished.

Newt looked at his feet. He didn't want to be reminded of his childhood. It was the reason he had only a photo of Leta and not the other girl in his life. He couldn't even bring himself to think of her name. It brought too many sad times back to his mind.

His childhood was the reason for the decision to use Swooping Evil venom. He had certain memories he wanted to erase. Certain faces he wanted to forget. Except two. He didn't want to forget Leta.

And he didn't want to forget the other girl of his past.

The girl who noticed him.

A.N: That's all folks! I hope you enjoyed this fanfic. I enjoyed writing it.