Shadow: 1908

It's eight o'clock. I sent father a letter telling him that I've settled in well and now he's sent one back. I read it.

Dear Amber,
I have heard that the teachers are having a meeting tonight in the Headmaster's office. The meeting in question is about me. I know this isn't ideal but please could you sneak into the meeting and find out what they're talking about. You will be rewarded.

I can't believe this! He wants me to sneak into a secret meeting! What if I get caught? I bite my lip to stop myself from screaming in anger and continue to read.

I know you might be a bit nervous but I know you can do it. There's a reason why you were sorted into Slytherin. You're cunning. You're ambitious. You're resourceful. And, most importantly, you're a leader. You are a true Slytherin. And I'm proud to call you my daughter. You know why I need you to do this. For the greater good.

You know what to do, Shadow.
Love, Father

I smile. Father is quite good at pep talks. The others are at the evening feast, which is just before the meeting. Perfect. I turn into a small, black cat with large, shiny, amber eyes. This is my Animagus form. My father calls it Shadow. I have one other special ability. The ability to read minds. But Father told me not to tell anyone. Leta already knows. Obviously.

Quietly, I walk out of the Slytherin common room and to the Headmaster's office. There is no one there. I smile and conceal myself in a cupboard which is in a great position to hear the meeting. All I have to do is wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It isn't long until the teachers arrive. They sit down and Headmaster Black starts speaking. The meeting seems to go on for ages. Eventually, my eyes grow heavy and I fall asleep...

"And finally, we now know the whereabouts of Grindelwald."

I awake with a start. They know where father is. He's in danger! Quickly, I get up and listen for more.

"Thanks to Albus here, we now know that Grindelwald is in hiding. In London. We need to send people down there to catch him." Black says.

Quietly, I open the cupboard door and slip out the room into the Great Hall. I check the time. Quarter to ten. Fifteen minutes till curfew. Quickly, I run out of the hall, up the stairs and to the Owlery. Father's owl is there cleaning her feathers. I transform and tie the piece of parchment that I wrote on to her leg and send her away. Then I run as fast as I can to the Slytherin common room. But Melanie catches me just as I get there.

"I'll let you off as its your first time but next time you miss curfew it's detention for two days with Professor Warren." She says.

I nod and walk to my dorm. When I get in, the girls are asleep. Quietly, I change into my pyjamas and get into bed. I fall asleep immediately. I'm so tired. What a night!