We don't talk anymore: 1914

I follow Leta to the Slytherin table and sit with the other prefects. As the Sorting starts, I see Newt out of the corner of my eye. He seems weirdly engrossed in his toast. If I know boys like I do, he can't bear to look at me or he'll remember the pain I caused him. I turn back to the Sorting and watch as 'Josephs, Yasmin' is put in Slytherin. She looks nervous as she sits with the other Slytherin first years. I guess she's heard how 'evil' we are. 'Slytherin' isn't the reason for the evil wizards and witches. Their own foolish choices after they graduated are the reason for that.

After the Sorting is finished I lead the others to the common room.

"Welcome to the Slytherin Common Room. Girl's dorms to the left, boys to the right."

I watch as the students run to their respective sides. I walk to my new dorm, Leta following behind. When I get there, Ellie and Jade are talking. They stop when they see me.

"Hey Amber! Hey Leta!" They say in unison. I smile at then and sit on my bed.

"So, anything new between you and - um - him?" Asks Ellie. I sigh.

"Nothing really. We don't talk anymore."

"Oh..."

I rummage through my bag and pull out a book about Transfiguration. I settle down on my bed and read. I do find it a shame that me and Newt don't talk anymore.

At least, not like we used to do.