Gossip Girls: 1914

"OMG no way!!"

Currently I'm in my dorm with Ellie, Jade and Leta. I just told them what happened in the hospital wing.

"I'm so happy for you!! Eek!" Squeals Ellie.

"I was planning on locking you both in a cupboard until you kissed but you did it yourself!"

"Jade!"

I slap her shoulder playfully.

"What!"

I roll my eyes. Pickett keeps clicking and chirping. I guess he's pleased about the kiss too.

"Anyway, are you going to tell us about this experiment?" I ask Leta.

She won't stop talking about it.

"Fine. You know what a Nundu is?"

"A what?" Says Ellie.

"It's this magical beast, like a tiger, with an inflatable mane of spikes. It also has breath that can cause immense pain and sometimes death." I reply.

"Nice. Real nice." Jade says, her voice filled with sarcasm.

"Yeah well, I've been replicating the breath of a Nundu. At night in an unused classroom."

"Oh..." I say.

"Amber. I'd like to show it to you so meet me in the Ravenclaw Tower at ten. You're a Prefect so it won't draw attention."

"OK. " I reply.

"Fine by me." Say the others simultaneously.

The bell goes, telling us that it's time for the Evening Feast. We get up and walk to the Great Hall. I'm actually excited to see Leta's experiment.

Leta loves experimenting. In 3rd year she replicated Demiguise fur. We had fun with it for weeks.

I get to the Great Hall and see Newt reading a book on Nifflers. He must have been discharged. I smile slightly. He looks so peaceful. Leta nudges me.

"Hey. Stop staring at your boyfriend."

I roll my eyes.

"He's not my boyfriend."

I sit down.

"At least, not yet."