Epiphany

Blaine’s P.O.V.

I couldn’t believe that she actually did that. She actually stood up to me. But to be honest, I do deserve it. I’m genuinely surprised she’s put up with my shit for this long. I knew that she wanted something greater from me. Most of the time, she’ll look at me with cloudy eyes and an expression that I knew all too well.

Love.

She loves me but I can’t in that situation right now. Maybe never. Cassie doesn’t deserve this, she deserves so much more and she knows it too. Sighing at this lost cause, I turned around and got back in my car and headed home. At the intersection, I got a text for Jessica asking me if I was free for tonight. The sexual craving that deflated from Cassie’s rejection quickly stirred back to life. The past nights that I have spent with Jessica and her girlfriend Tiffanie was fucking great.

The light was still red and I seriously contemplated on going over. I needed to hurry and make a decision because the route to her house is by taking a right at this intersection. My dick began to stir at what may happen tonight if I do go over there. But out of nowhere, Cassie’s face fills my mind. She’s watching me with sadness and tears falling down her beautiful face.

No matter how much I wanted Tiffanie and Jessica, I had come to the conclusion that Cassie is more important. Finally, the light turned green and I headed home.

**

Once I entered my home, I dropped my coat across the couch and stepped out of my shoes. Loosening my tie, I plop down on the bed and text Jessica.

I can’t come over. I have something important to do.

After pressing send, I deleted her number and placed my hands behind my head looking at the ceiling.

I spent all night thinking about Cassie and actually getting into a real relationship with her. If we were to try it out, something in my mind coaxes me into believing she’ll betray like all women do. Ashlynn immediately invades my mind. I am reminded of the girl that I loved the most. The girl that I wanted to marry. The girl that left me standing at the altar as she ran off with my cousin.

After her, no woman held my trust. Not even Cassie. It’s just easier to fuck and leave it at that. No emotion whatsoever. But Cassie, she is different. Whenever she looked at me, I saw love, warmth, and trust. She put her trust in me and I denied her. I denied her the love she was willing to give.

The longer I thought about her, the worse I felt. I was completely selfish with her. I strung her along just to keep her in my bed. I was too stupid to realize that she was nothing like Ashlynn or the other girls I’ve slept with. The other girls were just materialistic. They only saw dollar signs and a good fuck when they looked at me. Even Ashlynn, she was the worst. She would complain about everything I ever did to impress her and make her happy. The only time she was a decent being whenever I got paid. Back then, I didn’t care because I had a hot woman clinging on my arm.

Now that I have got a dose of Cassie, I know better. She genuinely cared for me and if I wasn’t a douche, I would have known sooner.

I love Cassie.

Coming to that momentous epiphany, I decided to tell her soon. Not tonight. She needs her space, hopefully she’ll cool down and let me love her in the way she should be loved.