Angel

New chapter lol. It's kind of a filler really. Picture of Blaine on the side. Enjoy the view haha.

***

By the time I leave the city limits, the rain has become extreme. As soon as I reached the next city, I pull up to a hotel and rented a room for the night. I grabbed my purse and a small bag I always keep in the car for emergencies along with my umbrella and ran inside.

The hotel was quite expensive, but what else did I expect? It was a four star hotel after all. Luckily my paralegal salary covered it.

My room was alright I guess. It came with a full size bed, an open balcony, flat screen tv, a claw foot bath tub along with a huge shower with four shower heads. Once I sat my things down, I laid on the bed and thought about my day. Next thing I know, I’m falling asleep.

**

The pounding rain along with the obnoxious thunder and lightning jolted me awake. The clock on the nightstand said that it was only 5:30. I turn on the tv and find the local news channel. They are now saying that this storm will last for the remainder of the weekend. My stomach started to growl, reminding me that I haven’t eaten all day. I was too nervous to eat this morning. I had a feeling that if I did, it would just come right back up.

Part of me wanted to just order room service and spend my weekend in lonely bliss.  But another part of me doesn’t want to become an invalid numb to society.

Getting up, I slipped on my shoes and headed to the elevator. The elevator stopped at the floor underneath mine and in walked in a beautiful family. A black woman, a white man, and an adorable bi-racial child. I stood in the corner of the elevator and smiled. It was a bittersweet moment. The love that was so obvious between the couple reminded me of Marcus and me. They were the perfect family, something that I will never get a chance to experience.

Luckily the elevator reached the ground floor before I could burst into tears again. I hurried and past them and surveyed the main lobby. I didn’t get a chance to look around but I noticed a small boutique, a bookstore, and bar.

I scanned the bookstore for something that’ll keep me entertained until this crazy storm lets up.

I found a romance novella that held my interest. Once I purchased the book, I went to the bar and found a corner booth. A waitress comes shortly after and takes my order of a Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad and pink lemonade before smiling and walking away. By the time she comes back with my dinner, I’m nearly halfway through my book.

“Wow, must be interesting. I watched you keep your eyes glued to that book ever since you sat down.” I just stuck my fork in my mouth when an unfamiliar voice spoke in my ear. The man that the voice belonged to, came around and sat on the opposite booth facing me. I just sat there and watched him in shock. How dare he just pick up his food and invade my space like that? I should have just ordered room service.

“What are you thinking about?” The guy sat back and took a huge bite of his burger while maintaining eye contact with me.

“Well I am thinking who are you and why did you come over here.” I asked and became a little irritated when he smirked and continued to eat. “Um, aren’t you going to tell me?” In return, he winked and continued to eat. I went back to eating my salad and didn’t look up until I took a sip of my lemonade. “Why are you staring at me? You know what, I shouldn’t have even asked. It’s not like you’re going to answer me anyway.”

“Your nose.” That was all he said. I looked up at him in confusion. “Your nose, it crinkles up when you get agitated. It’s adorable. To answer your question, my name is Blaine and I came over here because a beautiful woman like yourself shouldn’t spend dinner alone. I wanted to come over and keep a beautiful angel company. Is that so bad?”

I don’t know. Is it?