Façade

Happy Valentine's Day! 

***

Don't tell me listen to your song because it isn't the same.

I don’t wanna say your love is a waiting game.

The following week has been a whirlwind for me. Ever since I’ve found out about the other woman, I backed off him for a while. My stupid pathetic heart thought that maybe he would come crawling back and ask for forgiveness. I then hoped that he would return the strong feelings that I had…have for him and realize how good we would be together, not just physically but emotionally as well.

However Blaine had other plans. Two nights later, he showed up on my front door with a box of chocolates in hand and flowers in the other. Wow, what a cliché move. “Hey babe,” he just walked right on in like he owned the place and kissed me on the cheek. “I’ve been really busy Cassie, I hope you can forgive me.” He sat the box of chocolates down on the coffee table while offering me the bouquet of flowers. I just stood there and watched his expression. His voice was full of pleading. But when I looked into his eyes, I knew immediately that it was all a façade.

How pathetic am I? I know that we’re only associates with benefits; I know that Blaine recognizes my feelings, and I know that he went back on his word and sleeps around. Yet, I can’t let him go. I love him. But I love myself too. No matter how much I want to, I can’t change Blaine from his ways. I can’t make him love me. All of his charm and affection is all a show, a game if you will. He’s just stringing me along. It’s as if he’s metaphorically dangling a piece of meat in front of me as motivation to cooperate with his needs.

**

Baby I'm thinking it over.

What if the way we started made it something cursed from the start.

This was doomed from the beginning. I should have known that this would have never worked out. I should have known better than to place my heart on the line. And what’s the ending result? My heart has broken in multiple pieces while on the outside, I smile and let Blaine continue to have his way with me.

Well not anymore.

“Get out Blaine, and take your things with you.” Blaine was taken aback with my monotone voice. He finally gets to feel how I felt when he used that same tone with me; when I wanted for him to love me.

“What?” He sounded genuinely surprised which made me chuckle on the inside. I didn’t give him the chance to finish talking before pushing no shoving him out of the front door. I left him standing on my front porch with him staring at me with a feeling of vulnerability.

***

Next chapter and hopefully the rest of the story will be uploaded in a few hours. ^_^